Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Blood tests back -worried- what do you think?

Hi ladies,

Just want some opinions really. I had a blood test which is ment to be 21day- oestrogen, progesterone test. Normally taken on 21st day of your cycle ( just a check to see if the hormone levels re ok and I do ovulate) As its been 6 months of ttc and I am 36.

My gp had decided to do one on day 18 and 21, I guess to give it a larger window in case earlier or later ovulation.

Anyway had a call from the surgery to say first test came back ok and all alright, but the second one doctor would like to speak to me about, just a routine phonecall?!

Doctor is not there until monday so I've got to wait.

Now I am really worried, eventhough I was under impression nothing seious, still doesn't help me fearing.
What can it be?
Anyone else with similar experience?

Thanks in advance

Replies

• hiya, i have no clue to be honest, but glad ur test results came back ok, and im sure its nothing serious otherwise they would of asked you in, so im sure u wil be fine image i no its hard, but try not to worry xxxx hugs xxxx
  • hiya, i have no clue to be honest, but glad ur test results came back ok, and im sure its nothing serious otherwise they would of asked you in, so im sure u wil be fine image i no its hard, but try not to worry xxxx hugs xxxx
  • Doesnt sound like anything worrying to me hun xx Might just want a quick chat about where to go from here if you dont conceive soon maybe?
    Like mrs me says try not to worry although i know its hard xx
  • Thanks ladies. I guess will have to wait and see. My only thought and hope is that perhaps if I was pg (which I doubt but hey) but lets just say if I was maybe the hormone levesl would change specially in the second test on day 21, as I would of ov already and maybe that has affected the result. So I don't really know what doc will say, but it would be nice if that was the case.I am just guessing of course as I really don't have a clue lol
    I can just hope.
    xx
  • G/c from going to join ttc for #2 end of the year. Only thing I can think it might be Hun is if you progesterone is high on d18 showing you have ovulated but if it's dropping by d21 possibly it might mean you could do with some progesterone supplements (usually pessaries). I wouldn't worry too much though.
  • Thanks Kayssis. It could be something like that, makes sense.
    Good luck with ttc, might see you on here, although I really hope I will be moving to due in by then image
    xx
  • hi naturelle, glad you got the results back.
    I really wouldnt worry - with the bloods as far as i know it is all quite fixable and at least if it was something like low progesterone you could try the supplements soon and you will be one step closer to a bfp! xxx