Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
MadeForMums is on TikTok!
Find and follow us here!

How are you going to tell Daddy?

So I'm on CD2 as AF came and onto month 4 of TTC!

To keep my PMA I have been looking at ideas for when (please let it be soon!:lolimage I do get my BFP of how to tell my hubby and my 11 year old!

Anyone got any sweet/creative suggestions?

Was looking at 'i love my Daddy' objects today that I could take on holiday to tell him with if I get my BFP whilst on hols!

[Modified by: gingerbean on 09 August 2010 17:42:07 ]

Replies

• i had so many ideas but in the end it was a saturday and i ran up the stairs (the bathroom was downstairs in our old house) and excitedly threw the peed on test at him, he was half asleep but soon woke up :lol:

i had planned to do lots of things as the months passed..
    wrap it up for xmas/birthday,
    take a pic and put it as his background on his laptop,
    hide it in his lunchbox :lol:

• tag him in a picture of the test on facebook!!!

no, only joking!! probably not the best way.

with my ds i did a test without telling him on a monday morning, then ran into the bedroom screaming it was positive!! this time i hope to keep it too myself for a least a few days and then surprise him somehow...maybe by saying something like "i hope your not planning anything for next...? (whenever your due)"

xmas/birthday present is a fantastic idea if its the right time, but i hope we all get our bfp before xmas!!

image x
  • me too piggypops had all these ideas but think if im honest i wont be able to stop myself telling him the min i find out..lol xx
  • this time i might buy a big brother t shirt for DS and see how long he takes to notice :lol:
  • that is a brilliant idea piggypops, think ill steal that one from you image
  • Ahhh i like this thread...very good 4 pma!!!
    I think due to trying for what seems like forever, i will just be in complete shock...so not quite sure what i'l do or say, probably just cry, n give my oh the test...or text a picture of the positive result to him (ie if hes downstairs & i'm up) lol xxx
  • I've got a I love daddy babygrow to give him, and becasue i get up so much earlier than him i'm hoping i can keep it to myself enough to go back into the bedroom and him the babygrow and the test, but we'll see hopefully very soon.
    xxx.
  • You could buy a little pair of booties and wrap them up...think thats what I'll do, and perhaps a card saying Congrats!! Would be lovely if it was Aug as AF due on DHs birthday! image
  • I did exactly the same with dd1 piggypops, dh still laughs at that yet. I don't think I'd do it any differently this time either tbh, I just can't imagine keeping it to myself long enough :lol:
  • I have all of these grand ideas like baking a bun in the oven and asking him to check on it and seeing how long it takes him to cotton on or doing a slide show of some of our photos and putting a pic of the BFP in there soemwhere but I think when it comes to it I may just scream with delight and wake the whole street up!

Just need my BFP now!:lol:
  • I kind of want hubby to tell me... or at least be there so we go through it together... but I love your ideas for telling him! I just don't think I could even test without telling him! x
  • I think that I would like it to be my news to tell him and to see his face. He loved it when he knew that he was going to propose and creating a big surprise for me, I think I would like to do the same for him!
  • I love the big brother t shirt idea, I'm so doing that lol. With ds I had a blood test to check for pcos and asked my dad to get my blood results for me, he works at the hospital and turned out I was pregnant so he and my mum turned up at my house with a pregnancy test and told me to do it. Hubby was thrilled although this time I hope we get to tell them rather than the other way round.
  • on my last pregnancy i done a test then put it under partners pillow dont know wat he was more shocked about the fact i was pregnant again or that i peed on summin and put it under his pillow lol

i had 2 laugh at the facebook idea tho...class!