Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

feeling a bit low today

Hi girls, this is my second time in the group but I know you will all look after me again as you did before.

I had my first m/c naturally between 5 and 7 weeks in January so when I found out I was expecting again in May we were over the moon. I really felt like this was going to be it.

I had a small bleed two days before my 12 week scan after having a scan at 9 1/2 weeks and seeing the heartbeat. My midwife booked me in for a scan the next day and they could not find a heartbeat - it was soul destroying, but hubby was amazing,

After reading up on advice here I decided to have an ERPC which they booked me in for 2 days later - hospital were crap for patient care but physically I was ok with in a couple of days and stopped bleeding in about a week.
Just waiting for first AF to arrive now and kind of looking forward to trying again I am just so anxious if it will happen for a third time. I am 30 and hubby is 41 so really want things to work out for us both,

Feeling low today as a guy at work has just had a little boy...just cant help feeling like this is supposed to be my time for sharing my news and starting to get my little bump.

Anyway, I feel a bit better for getting if off my chest.

Has anybody advice after ERPC and consecutive m/c....does it get easier as time goes on?

xxx

Replies

• Hi there, im sorry I dont have any advice for you, I just wanted to say how sorry I am you and hubby have experienced this loss twice. You both must be devastated. I experience a NMC early July at 9 weeks and I hope and pray that I am lucky next time. Again, im so sorry for your losses and wish you all the best for the future xxxxx
  • Hi Hun. Hugs to you right now. I know how your feeling, it's just so horrible how cruel life can be. Miscarriage is a terrible thing that not a lot of people dont understand and it takes away your innocence. I had a mmc also on may 30th and am now 7+4. recurrent miscarriage is not that common, it's just horrible that you have experienced it twice. I'm sure once your ready that you will be successful this time. I never had an Erpc so don't have any personal experience advise to give. After I found put baby had no heartbeat I started miscarrying that day and lost it 2 days later. Like you I only bled for 7 days and fell pregnant straight after. Good luck with everything and hopefully once yor ready you can try again. Unfortunately this is something we can't control which is what makes it so awful. Still a really natural process and the human body is amazing at ensuring you will have a healthy baby. Hope your okay. X
  • I havent had a ERPC had a natural miscarriage last week and i was 10weeks along! It is my first miscariage and i am devastated! Lots of love and hugs too you you are so brave trying a 3rd time and hopefully it will 3rd time lucky for you! Sorry for your losses lots of sticky baby dust your way xxx
  • jc
    Sorry I have only just seen this! I have been avoiding this site as my edd was 27th July. I remember you from Jan when we had our mc almost at the same time. I had a mmc in Jan and had an ERPC. My period turned up 30 days after the op. I found the first couple of AFs a bit heavier than normal after the ERPC. One 'good' thing is that my cycles have been far more regular than before. Unfortunately for me I have not ovulated since and have just been referred for fertility treatment. Sending you a massive hug!! xx
  • hey girls thank you and Muffin thank you your name still sticks out in my head as we both mc at the same time.
    it is so hard some days to function and not think about it, I am finding today hard as I should be 16 weeks......I guess it gets easier like it did last time and all I have to do is try and hope for the best.

Muffin I hope things work out for you, sending baby dust your way so do keep in touch!!!!
    xxxxxx
  • jc I did find it easier once I had got past the 20 week mark and then recently its been a little difficult again as I approached my EDD. I feel more positive now the date has gone by and I feel ready to move on more! Try and relax as much as you can and spend some quality time with your hubby! Lets hope the summer sun brings some baby dust with it!!
    xx