Forum home Babies Baby

adding a name

I want to add my sisters name as a middle name for Emily. Not sure how it works though? Do I have to write to somewhere? Does it cost much? Thanks ladies xx

Replies

• hi, contact ur registery office, i'm pretty sure uts free to change baby's name until 1yr old, but don't quote me on that... xx
  • You can change your baby's name for free in the first year, you just go back to where you registered her and change it by deed poll x
  • Hi hun,

no idea but i would contact your local registrar who does the births etc as i would expect they would know or point you in the right direction at least!!

She's changed so much already!! Hope Tyler has recovered from his trauma's recently? Did the CP get any of the others yet?

Lara xx

shes changing loads! Tylers fine, still got cp which hasnt broken in the others yet but they could still be carrying it. I hope not coz they have 3 bday parties to go to next month :roll:

thankyou for the advice ladies, will give them a call. xxxxxxx
  • Sorry to steel your thread but really want to change my surname back to my maiden name and changes Lukes as well, my solicitors says you can't do it without ex's permission but could I just go to the registry office.
  • rebecca, when my ex and i split up i changed my name by deed poll, it costs about ??50 though image x
  • Sorry to steel your thread but really want to change my surname back to my maiden name and changes Lukes as well, my solicitors says you can't do it without ex's permission but could I just go to the registry office.

g/c away hun!

How strange, the name i want to add to DD is Rebecca! image
  • Rebecca - sorry, but your solicitor is right, if you and ex were married or his name is on Luke's Birth Certificate you can't change Luke's name without your ex's permission or a Court order.

You can change your own name though.
  • Thanks yep obviously Rebecca is a good name, I wanted to have the same name as Luke so guess I will keep my married name and Rebecca Maylen Meecham is a bit of a mouthful don't you think.