Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Question re temp drop

Just wondered if when you get sudden drop of temperature does it mean AF is on the way that very day, or within next few days.

I haven't been temping whole cycle but have done most most mornings since I ovd and this morning I've had a huge drop which I guess would suggest af is round the corner.

Only thing it seems bit early as I my luteal phase has been around 14 days and I am on around 9dpo CD25 I still have few more days to go. Really expecting af around 4th August.

So for thoese who regulary temp, can you please enlighten me ;\)

I do have all the af symptoms though so would not be surprised if she does show, but just thought it was bit early, but then again I had some quite short cycles in the past!

Thanks in advance
xxx

Replies

• Its usually a sign that shes on her way either today or the next day or so x sorry hun xx
  • Jay is correct, although without temping properly it's hard to say as my temp dropped but did not drop below cover line as I was pg! So I guess you will have to see. good luck.x
  • I have been temping and it means she is on her way depending how much it dropped by.
  • Thank you ladies, I agree and think you are right, think af is round the corner, just surprised it was earlier then I expected, but I guess if it means that it shows in day or two it will be near enough..
    My temp has dropped from 36.2 yesterday morning to 35.2 this morning..
    I think that is a huge drop so now I'll be on a knicker watch, just matter of time image
  • Could be implantaion dip too! 9dpo is early for a temp drop for the reason that af is coming. Like I said without doing temps before ov it's hard to tell really. Take a look at my March chart on FF, note cd11 when it drops right down even though I'm pg:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0873

Good luck I hope it's implantation!
  • Thanks for that baby on board, that is interesting.
    I guess if I was charting properly I'd have a better idea. I would be delighted of course if that is an implatation dip rather then af, but somehow I do think af is round the corner. I am so bloated and emotional, usual.
    Thank you again
    xxx
  • hi naturelle, it depends also on how much its dropped. If its above coverline and its just one temp drop it might not mean anything. You will be in a better position to see over next few days. I have had drops before at 9 dpo, then up again. Usually day before and day of AF it goes right down below cover line. Once you chart for a few months you will see what is normal for you xx
  • It could be an implantation dip but its hard to say, how much did you drop by? I hope its implantation and not af for you! If your luteal phase is normally 14 days it does sound a bit early for af. Fingers crossed! x