Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Discoloured AF

Hi guys just wondering if you guys could help. My af this month has not been normal it's just been a brown colour and just spotting is this a sign at all as I've never experienced it before whilst ttc thanks xxx

Replies

• Options
    did it arrive the same time as af?
    if not then it could be implantation
    xxxx
  • Options
    Yea same time as af :S xx
  • Options
    hummm i dunno maybe just a light af or its not got into full flow yet? maybe wait until end of weekend and see if af starts properly and if not do a test!
    xxx
  • Options
    When should implantation happen cause I may have been a couple of days early than my af time. Should I wait till it's stops till I test.

Has anyone else experienced this?? Xx
  • Options
    Oh I also get a pain I'm my belly on the left side don't know if this means anything xx
  • Options
    I would test now if you're due AF! Ooh good luck! x
  • Options
    Even though there has been normal red spotting and brown?? Xx
  • Options
    If its not a normal AF for you it sounds quite positive and lots of people do get light bleeding at the beginning and sometimes throughout their pregnancies. How many dpo are you? x
  • Options
    Sorry I don't know what these meanings are dpo??? Xx
  • Options
    Wat does dpo mean?? Xx
  • Options
    It means days past ovulation x
  • Options
    days past ovulation.

i had implantation after my mc it was really dark red and quite heavy when i wiped but only lasted a day.

id do a test! xxx
  • Options
    If I've worked it out right I'm 21 days dpo does that sound right for implantation xx
  • Options
    Do you mean its 21 days since the start of your cycle? Do you use ovulation tests? 21 dpo would be unusual and implantation would normally occur 6-12 days after ovulation x
  • Options
    Do you start you cycle from af?? I don't use the tests I'm getting confused lol.. Xx
  • Options
    Hiya

The first day of your cycle is the first day you bleed. If you have a 28 day cycle ovulation normally occurs around day 14 (but can vary). Hope this helps!

If you go into the forum rules there is a post of all the abbreviations to help you.

All the best x
  • Options
    It turned out to be a BFP !!!!!!! Xxxx
  • Options
    Oh my goodness Stacey congratulations! whooo hooo!xxx
  • Options
    aww wow congratulations, i am experiencing exactly the same as you. can you tell me, how heavy was yours mine keeps dissapearing for a few hours then i get a little bit than it goes again, mine is all brown and ive had it like this for about 3/4days without it turning into my ad yet. how long were you bleeding for and did you use first morning urine to get your bfp? xxx