Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

The name thread!

Lets start a big thread of potential baby names to take our minds off of the loads of BFN's we've had! I'd particularly like some boys names, as they are so difficult!!

I like for girls:

Summer (but can't have it, due to my new surname starting with 'Sun' lol!!)
Freya
Annabelle

And boys:

Thomas

Hubs likes Rhys for a boy, but that's it so far!

Replies

• I'm same as you MaybeBaby...find girls names easier than boys! My OH is adamant on Laura....very pretty name but he has Lauras in his family already! Every time he sees a Laura on the telly or reads Laura in a book or magazine he's like "oh, that's a pretty name" :lol:....he said it this morning about a girl on Jeremy Kyle!

For girls I like;
    Emma
    Ceilidh
    Ellen
    Lauren

For boys I like:
    Daniel
    Ben
    Samuel (OH says yes to Sam but no to Samuel, so fussy)

There are loads more but no doubt I'll change my mind again by the time I actually have a little bub in my arms which seems like a very, very long way away at the moment!
  • ah what a lovely thread!

we struggled with naming our daughter but after 9 months eventually settled on Evie!

i am really struggling with girls names if we have another girl i really like Freya but hubby doesn't image
    i like Tilly & Cora and thats about it!

Boys i like Max, Jacob, Thomas, Riley, Noah,

gosh its so difficult isnt it! xxx
  • My little niece is caled Eva, it's really cute.

Why are boys names so hard? I do like Cole actually but hub doesn't.

• Oh my goodness what gorgeous names!
    I really like Freya!

We have a Ruby Louise already and chose Lily Isabelle for our 2nd but miscarried early and it wouldn't feel right using that so our new names are...

Ava Violet
    and
    Jacob Dean

I really love Jack but hubby doesn't image
  • i love Theo but hubby hates it!!!
    bloody men we go through the pregnancy and labour it should be our decision lol xxxx
  • i love sooo many!! i already have a phoebe olivia image

girls i have to agree with freya, what a gorgeous name! i also like lily, emma, daisy, megan, chloe, tilly, evie

boys i like dylan, charlie, theo, isaac, harry, rupert, noah

dh has said the decision is all mine! image
  • I already have Jake. Boys I like Max, Zack & Charlie. And girls I like ellie, lilly & Daisy. Xx
  • We have......

Niamh
    Freya
    Lois
    Orla
    Cora

Harry
    Connor
    Liam

Co xx
  • I love this thread! My OH won't even talk about baby names he thinks Im already too obsessed with the baby thing already!!

Girls:

Francesca
    Sophia

Boys:

Fabio (OH is half-Italian)
    Noah
    Elliott
    Oliver

My sister has two little girls and they are called Avari Anais and Frea Lily. Cute!!
  • we already have a jacob alexander

we like

boys

noah
    isaac
    wyatt
    freddie

girls

scarlett
    alexis
    felicity
    daisy
    freya
    sophie
  • do you shorten jacob to jake? i love the name jacob but really dont like jake so much, im thinking everyone would call him jake! xxx
  • my bil's 2 children both begin with O
    my mum, her mum and dad and brother all have names begininning with J!
    i think it would be quite cool xxx
  • Yay for this thread lol!

I'm loving for a girl -

Evie Rose
    Scarlett

for a boy -

OH loves Blue... Lol...whatever!!!
  • When we were pg with dd1 we struggled to agree but our options were Abi, Grace or Sophie - in the end we named her Abi Grace. If she was a boy the options were Taylor, Mason, Finlay or Caleb. No idea what we'll do if we have another dd though image
  • lovely thread and I like loads of these names, we already have Paul and I am struggling to find boys names that we both like I've always liked

David, Freddie and Thomas but o/h not keen

girls names are hard too as always thought Lilly/Lillie as its a family name and we both agree on this but not sure now as friend has just had Lilly-Ann
  • Ooh I like Scarlett! And Elliott, but could be for a girl too! x
  • ye why are boys names so difficult?

my husband and I have already chosen a boy name and a girls name, ( Lucas and Seren) but I really like Thomas but as our surname is Thomas thats not a possible choice lol,

30 something= theres nothing stopping you having Lilly, nothing stopped people last century when most boys were called david/edward/james/thomas etc. although there's more names around now the most common names are common because they're lovely. Lily Rose is the second girl name on our list image

xx
  • Ooooh nice names girlies!

It's sooo hard to choose, I already have a Jessica Heather.

For girls we like

Ava
    Theophony (Thea for short)
    Emily
    Ruby
    Scarlet
    Ella-Rose
    Elsie

For a boy

Joseph James
    Harry
    Cole
  • no we dont like jake so hes jacob, all of my family have middle names beggining with a A x
  • We already have a Jacob and Madison.
    But for a boy we like Noah or Cole and for a girl we like Lacey May and Ella