Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2 Week Wait... anyone else?

Hi ladies

I knew ovulation would be around now and so for the last week hubby and I have been 'at it' (for lack of better words). I got a positive ovulation test yesterday and had twingey pains in my ovary area today and so think that's it for this month and I'm entering the waiting game (I actually said to hubby that we don't need to have sex tonight and he looked relieved - lol - sure that won't last!). :lol:

The slightly weird thing is that my bbs have been tender for the past 2 days or so. I usually get this about a week before AF, but am not sure why I have it so soon - think it's linked to progesterone, which apparently stays higher after a miscarriage (mine was the beginning of June). Anyone else in the 2ww? No doubt it will be a long 2 weeks! xx

[Modified by: PoppingPoppet on 30 July 2010 21:51:30 ]

[Modified by: PoppingPoppet on 30 July 2010 21:53:02 ]

Replies

• Hiya Popping Poppet.....I think I'm at the same stage as you...I also had miscarriage at start of June and I think I've just ovulated in the last few days (I think this based on egg white discharge, ovary pains and a rough guess at mid cycle on calender). I haven't got sore boobs as yet ( I had these reallly badly last time....so might be a good sign for you!!) But I have been having funny 'bubbly' sensations in my uterus which I've been aware of today but never really felt before.
    I agree with you it's going to be a long 2 weeks.....I'm off work at the moment ( i'm a teacher at the start of 6 weeks off) so as I'm not been kept busy by 25 four year olds the time is really dragging! When are you due to test/ AF? I can't remember off the top of my head without having a look on the August TTC list....my Af is due around 13th Aug....but will prob wait a little longer to test if AF doesn't arrive unless I have some very significant symptoms...I'm not totally sure of my cycle length as prior to becoming pregnent I'd been on the pill for 10yrs so haven't had many 'natural'cycles recently....I don't want to pick up a chemical pregnancy or get a BFN too early.
    Anyway hope you have a lovely weekend and you manage to keep busy and mind off symptom spotting ( easier said than done!!)
    Take care
    Sue x

[Modified by: sparkles1 on July 30, 2010 11:05 PM]

• Just checked on August TTC list your BFP/ Af is due around 15th Aug...so we are quite close together in cycles.....Babydust for us both in copious amounts!!
  • Hi Sparkles1

How lovely that you get the whole summer off - hope the weather improves for you! My job is incredibly busy at the mo and I'm dashing all over the country and so at least I have plenty to keep me distracted!

How long did it take you to conceive last time? It took us approx 4 months and so I'm not pinning my hopes on this month, though an Aprill bub would be lovely!

If you're not certain when you ovulate then perhaps ovulation tests will be useful, although it sounds like what you've described indicates that you've just ovulated/about to.

I've ovulated a couple of days earlier than I thought I would (expected it to be Sunday) and so AF should probably be due on 13th, same as you, but think I'm still going to wait until 15th to test, so as I don't pick up a chemical like you said and I know for sure it's definitely implanted. I think my last mc was due to low progesterone and so I don't know about you, but I think even if I get a + I won't be too excited, as I think I will feel a little anxious until I get to 12 weeks. I'll probably pay for an 8 week scan too for a little reassurance, although I know anything can still happen.

I'm definitely not going to consciously symptom spot, but there may be some things I pick up on (got little bumps on nips last time before I got a + test and also my sense of smell changed!).

You have a lovely weekend too x
  • Hi Sparkles1

How lovely that you get the whole summer off - hope the weather improves for you! My job is incredibly busy at the mo and I'm dashing all over the country and so at least I have plenty to keep me distracted!

How long did it take you to conceive last time? It took us approx 4 months and so I'm not pinning my hopes on this month, though an Aprill bub would be lovely!

If you're not certain when you ovulate then perhaps ovulation tests will be useful, although it sounds like what you've described indicates that you've just ovulated/about to.

I've ovulated a couple of days earlier than I thought I would (expected it to be Sunday) and so AF should probably be due on 13th, same as you, but think I'm still going to wait until 15th to test, so as I don't pick up a chemical like you said and I know for sure it's definitely implanted. I think my last mc was due to low progesterone and so I don't know about you, but I think even if I get a + I won't be too excited, as I think I will feel a little anxious until I get to 12 weeks. I'll probably pay for an 8 week scan too for a little reassurance, although I know anything can still happen.

I'm definitely not going to consciously symptom spot, but there may be some things I pick up on (got little bumps on nips last time before I got a + test and also my sense of smell changed!).

• Hi Sparkles1

• oops - not sure how to delete!
  • oops - not sure how to delete!
  • Hiya.....last time we concieved in the 2nd cycle after coming off the pill but we were'nt actively trying but also not actively being careful...in fact we only BD'd once around the right time and at the time I wasn't even aware of when I was ovulating...so think we got lucky....I do wish I was still as laided back and naive as then instead of now I'm calculating when to BD etc.
    If we don't get BFP this month I might try temping....not sure if I'm ready to start OPK's yet as I can imagine I'd end up getting more obsessed with the whole ttc lark!
    I understand what you mean about not getting over excited... we had a missed miscarriage last time picked up at the routine 12 week scan........my rational side tells me the chance of it happening in the first place were very low and the chance of it happening again is even lower but I'm still scared. The sonographer said to come in for an early scan at 8 weeks before the booking in appointment next time...but as bubs died at 9 weeks part of me still thinks the same thing might happen again and the 8 week scan would be fine then the 12 week one not. But anyway I shouldn't start worrying until I have a BFP to worry about!!
    Yes I hope the weather improves soon.....otherwise I might crack on with all my September preparation now instead. It can get quite boring having 6 weeks off.....particularly when all my friends are non teachers and are busy working!
    BE and facebook will keep me entertained!
    Take care
    Sue x