Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I'm back...a little update from me

Hi girls,

It's been a while since I was on here. Basically, we've been TTC for around 9 months and last month - was it really just last month?? - I really thought we had done it. I had a test and was too scared to take it because I didn't want to find out.

I was scared in case I was pregnant and scared in case I wasn't. Well I wasn't. And the emotions all got too much for me so I decided to take a break. From this site and the pressures of TTC. Me and OH decided to be happy with it being just the two of us for now, go on lots of nice holidays and come back to TTC early next year.

So that was the plan. Fast forward to today. I went into the chemist after work to get some shampoo. I ran out last night and had to wash my hair with OH's Lynx shower gel - nice! While I was in there I decided to get a HPT. AF was due on Sat, but it's not unusual for it to be late. I've been feeling like it was gonna come anytime since last thurs but still nothing, so thought I'd get a test it'd be a BFN and I'd patiently wait for AF to show.

Except it was a BFP. I can't quite believe it. I'm so shocked. I know I'll be over the moon soon, but right now I'm so shocked. I was actually at the docs last week and they were going to refer me for tests as they suspected I had endometriosis. I thought I was going to have to come to terms with perhaps never conceiving naturally, not knowing I was already pregnant.

Although I decided to leave the site for my own reasons last month, I really appreciated all the help and support I got from the ladies here on TTC and would love to know how you are all doing, and how many more BFPs we've had.

Ex

Replies

• wow msimpatient that us really such great news and makes me feel more positive as i have been trying for 9 months and not using anything for a year iykwim!
    Congratulations!

Its funny as you do hear lots of stories of people giving up/taking a break only to find out they have done it.

Do you mind if i ask, did you completely not think at all about ttc on your break or did you just relax a bit about timings etc. I am really interested to know and wondering if a break from taking temps/opks and from the site might do me some good. i just dont know if i could completely switch off!

Congrats again and i hope you share some of your babydust with the rest of us! have a h and h 9 months xx
  • yay congratulations !!!!! see you over in DIA ive just gone there myself!
    xxxx
  • Hi samsa,

I really don't mind you asking at all! I had been using a CBFM for 2 months before taking the break and so kinda knew when I was OV'ing but I wasn't using the monitor. We also didn't BD all that much, but I think we did do just before I OV'd. So although I wasn't monitoring every single thing like I had done before, I was still aware of what was happening with my body.

I had also heard lots of people taking a break and then falling, but I think until you reach the 'enough's enough' point you can never really take a break. I had reached that point, was bordering on obsessive really and for my own sake had to switch off from it all.

Thank you for the congrats, and sorry I missed it from my last post -
    ****LOADS OF BABYDUST TO ALL****

Ex
  • fab news, congratualtions x
  • i think you are right, you need to get to the enoughs enough point! Im not quite there but imagine i may be in next few months.

Thanks for the babydust and again big big congrats on your bfp xx
  • really lovely to hear your story and glad for you that you got ur bfp image xx
  • Congratulations to you and your OH! Lovely image
    xxx
  • g/c as i am bored :lol:

Huge congrats image

I also gave up ttc after 20months and i was going to go and get my coil done on the 1st april as i have other probs and needed meds i couldnt get preg on... I forgot about ttc everything and on the 28th April i realised af was due next day and i didn't have any spotting and i got my BFP image

Wanted to wish you all the best of luck ttc image Its hard sometimes but worth it being kicked so hard ur bum muscles hurt lol :lol:

gems xx
  • Oh wow congratulations! Like samsa we've been ttc for 9 months so I always love to hear of bfp's after a similiar time. I don't know if I could give up my cbfm but your story does tempt me! Have a fantastic pregnancy x
  • Awww that is fantastic news! A huge congratulations!