Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello

Hello ladies,

I'm just introducing myself as we will be TTC in September and I am so stupidly excited!! We already have a 1 year old DS and can't wait to give him a brother or sister.

After lurking in this forum for a while it all appears so technical but I'm sure it won't be long before I understand it all. I do have my first question though so not sure if anyone can help? Since I had DS my periods have been all over the place and I have no idea when I am ovulating anymore. I was thinking about buying an OPK or something similar and wondered whether they really worked? What ones do you recommend (I'm on a budget!!) and how often do you use them?

Looking forward to chatting to you all more. xx

Replies

• I get uber cheap ones from amazon. I think they are ??3 for 15. I use them from Cycle Day (cd) 10 until I get a positive (usually cd20). You are supposed to use them between 10am and 8pm, but at a regular time. I have used them with fmu too and it has worked fine. I would be lost without mine. Good luck in Sept! X
  • Thank you MrsEH! I'm off to look for them now image xx