Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Sick And Carpets (sorry!)

Sorry for the disgusting topic, but I need help!

Hannah was ill yesterday, just a 24hr bug. In the morning she had vomited, but it was just her milk, so cleaned up easy enough. She seemed fine the rest of the day, so I gve her a cheese sandwich for tea, and after about an hour, she projectiled the entire contents of her stomach across my living room carpet(so sad, I wanted to cry for her, but she just said oooooooooooooooo and pointed at it)

Anyway, scrubbing it, febreezing it and shake and vac-ing it haven't tackled the vile smell in my living room! It smells like adult sick as well, as she eats proper food. Oh, and mixed with stale milk.

It's making me feels sick just sitting here, what else can I try?

We will get the carpets cleaned professionally soon anywway, but have visitors on Thursday and need the room to smell nice!

Replies

• baking soda is a good one ru it well into the carpet and leave it over night or combine with some lemon juice, i think the lemon 'breaks down the sick food' and leaves a nice smell, baking soda is an odour killer xx
  • Ooh, I have baking soda, but no lemon juice. Will be trying that tomorrow, thanks!
  • This works wonders but lemon is a natural bleach so be careful if your carpet is a strong colour. I've found 1001 carpet cleaner to be great, its got a lovely smell and always gets rid of stains/smell for me - we have a dog that forrages for the most vile things and as a result is sick regularly - gross!

• Oh, my carpet is navy, should I leave the lemon juice? Can I still do the baking soda on it's own? Adding 1001 to my list....
  • Oh, my carpet is navy, should I leave the lemon juice? Can I still do the baking soda on it's own? Adding 1001 to my list....
  • My cat regularly vomits everywhere, bless her - she's a persian so has lots of hairballs! I have found one of the best things to be the Astonish carpet spray cleaner, they sell it in Poundland! My mum swears by Dettol spray.....

Good luck xx
  • Just googled it and found this video link, can't watch it as I'm in LO's room as she's a bit grumpy tonight, so apologies if its total do-do!

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-deodorize-carpet-with-baking-soda

xxx