Forum home Babies Baby

Dry skin...

Hi girls,
was bathing my lo every day but her skin
started to get quite dry so am now doing every
other or every 2...
I was using Jonnsons Top to toe wash but am
wondering if this is what's causing it? I do rub
olive oil in after to try and moisture skin.

Is there anything I can use to wash her with
that's not going to be drying? Have also tried
some baby soap..

thanks girls! It's a shame coz she smells soo
yummy after using johnsons top to toe! But
want my lo to be image

Replies

• I stopped using johnsons when Dylan was the same age as your lo for the same reason. We bathed him with olive oil in the bath worked within days. Were now back to using bubble bath now he's older and his skin a little less sensitive.

xxxx
  • hi

We was using johnsons at first and then lo started getting dry patches. We now just bath him in plain water, and do it quickly. this has helped loads. We probably do it about 3-4 times a week and just top and tail morning and night on the days we dont.

If dry patches get bad, might be worth getting some cream on prescription.

HTH X
  • Hi,

We had the same problem with Johnsons for the bath but also Johnsons shampoo as our LO's scalp would end up dry and flaky.

Went to the HV who prescribed him infant oilatum for the bath and his skin is just so super soft. We don't use anything on his hair, just water! xxx
  • Brill so do you put olive oil in like bubble bath or
    just rub it in when washing? Just worried about her
    getting all slippy?! It's mainly on her knees, shoulders etc
    but must say it's not been as bad since I've used
    nothing and haven't bathed as often!
  • Brill so do you put olive oil in like bubble bath or
    just rub it in when washing? Just worried about her
    getting all slippy?! It's mainly on her knees, shoulders etc
    but must say it's not been as bad since I've used
    nothing and haven't bathed as often!
  • Johnsons makes my LO's skin dry too. I now use Infacare ultra mild baby bath and rub in olive oil afterwards and have had no further problems with dry skin.
  • Using olive oil in the water made my LO's hair greasy, so we just switched to rubbing it into her skin once she was dry after getting out the bath.
  • we had same problem with LO when he was born, johnsons products dried out his skin. We only bath him one a week which is fine and we use halo's n horns bath wash in the water and to wash his hair. Hope this helps, AM xx
  • We had same problem & doc prescribed oilitum bath formula & aveeno cream. It has worked wonders & lo's skin is super soft. We had been using nothing but water in her bath & using olive oil but wasn't working.
  • Oilatum - it's magic! And you can get it on prescription too :\)
  • Grape seed oil! Its fab for dry/flakey skin. x