Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Newbie question re: CBFM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me about CBFMs? How they work? How to use? Are they helpful?

Cheers x x x

Replies

• They're basically monitors that detect the rise of 2 particular hormones in your body that indicate high fertility/ovulation.

During the first month of using a CBFM you have to POAS from CD6. You'll then go on to use 10 or 20 sticks depending on how long your cycles are/when they detect the hormones and what not. In theory you should start with a low fertility status, this should then move onto a high fertility reading which will eventually lead to 2 "peak" days (this should be the time that you're ovulating). It'll then follow with one more high fertility day and will then go back to lows. It pretty much gives you a clear indication of when is the best time of the month for you to conceive.

I used my CBFM for the first time this month but unfortunately didn't get a peak and have just started AF (from what some of the girls on here have told me it can be quite normal to not get a peak on the first month of using CBFM). I've heard a lot of success stories from those who have used the monitor but I've also heard that some girls find it a bit too clinical and stressful having to use the monitor every day.

I personally love it and can't wait to get peeing on some sticks again later this month :lol:!

They are pricey (you're looking up to ??100 new but can get them on Ebay a bit cheaper, I got mine and some test sticks on Ebay for around ??65). The test sticks are relatively expensive too, you're looking at ??15 - ??20 for a box of 20 depending on where you shop. I'd say it's worth it though in the end if it helps you to get that little baby in your arms sooner!

You can find more in depth information about the monitor on Clearblue's website...

http://www.clearblue.com/uk/clearblue-fertility-monitor.php

• Thanks tinkerbell! Great explanation & v helpful. I have a rather daft question though - what's CD? As in CD 6. I'm just learning all the abbreviations. X
  • Thanks tinkerbell! Great explanation & v helpful. I have a rather daft question though - what's CD? As in CD 6. I'm just learning all the abbreviations. X
  • Cycle Day hun image it's not daft, we've all got to learn these things! x
  • Ah I see. Thanks again! x