Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

6 days late... negative test!

Hey girls,

Well i'm back from my holiday. AF was due the day before our anniversary on monday, so held out till then and took a test. Negative. Since then have been getting really sore nipples and feeling nausea throughout most of the day. Also loads of stretchy type pains in womb.Totally convinced that this was it and it just hadn't showed up on the test.

So we got back last night and this morning i took another test... negative!

I don't understand, my AF is very regular and i wasn't stressed. I used an OPK this month so sure of when i ovulated and i'm now 19dpo, surely it would show up by now if i was. And if i'm not, then what on earth is going on???

Replies

• Hey monster82, hope you had a lovely holiday! I'm having the same thing as you, I'm now 2 days late, but tesing negative! I usually have terrilble cramps, but don't have any and it seems as though my boobs are bigger... I don't know if maybe we didn't get ovulation at the correct time and we might still be in with a chance of a bfp? xx
  • Fingers crossed for both of us.

I'm so confused... i'm pretty sure i'm right about when i ovulated which is the most frustrating thing. And my boobs are killing me, never had anything like it before.

I've booked a doctors appointment for wednesday afternoon. My plan is to test again on sunday morning, if it's negative i'll wait again until wednesday before my appointment.
  • Hi ladies, just wanted to let you know that I kept testing negative for a good week after I thought AF was due and kept getting negative results. Was absolutely convinced I was pregnant and finally got a positive result after about 4 negatives so fingers crossed it's the same for both of you. Good luck x
  • i read somewhere that some woman never get a +ve urine test when they are preggy.
    maybe you should go to the dr and they can get you a HCG blood test.
    good luck xxxx
  • Thanks girls.

I'm holding out hope - but it's so hard to not know either way. If i'm not pregnant i really want my AF to just arrive so we can try again, i hate the not knowing. It's bad enough in the 2WW. Grrr
  • Hi girls

I'm in the same boat 12 days late tests bfn been to doc he did a urine test still bfn so going back on Monday for blood test. Doc said to presume u are pregnant until u get an answer either way!! So confused just want to know!! Plus we are going away Wednesday on holiday so going to have to make an expensive call back home to get results hope it will be worth it!!
    Good luck
  • Hi girls

I'm in the same boat 12 days late tests bfn been to doc he did a urine test still bfn so going back on Monday for blood test. Doc said to presume u are pregnant until u get an answer either way!! So confused just want to know!! Plus we are going away Wednesday on holiday so going to have to make an expensive call back home to get results hope it will be worth it!!
    Good luck
  • It's not over till the witch shows up, so keep up the PMA and my fingers are crossed for you.
    Baby dust ::::::