Forum home Babies Baby

bedding question (also in preg)

Hello,

Just after a bit of advice as I'm still trying to get my head around what bedding to use with a baby - all the layers etc...

I have a sheet that tells me how many sheets/blankets to use at different temperatures and we have a room thermometer so we know how hot/cold it is in the room the baby will be sleeping in so pretty happy with what to do once the baby is in the cot but now have a question about the moses basket.
My sister has bought us one which had come with a moses basket coverlet, which is a bit like a thin duvet but that we will be able to tuck in around the basket like a sheet/blanket - now how does that figure with the temperature thing - does it count as two blankets because its quite thick?

This is the moses basket and coverlet we have:
http://www.marksandspencer.com/New-Arrivals-Moses-Basket-Coverlet/dp/B0031AVTA6?_encoding=UTF8&categoryNodeID=43670030&node=431296031&mnSBrand=core&ref=sr_1_4&qid=1281821621&sr=1-4&rh=n:431296031,n:431301031&page=

Any advice welcome!

Sarah 36+4

Replies

• silly adverts

Hello,

Just after a bit of advice as I'm still trying to get my head around what bedding to use with a baby - all the layers etc...

I have a sheet that tells me how many sheets/blankets to use at different temperatures and we have a room thermometer so we know how hot/cold it is in the room the baby will be sleeping in so pretty happy with what to do once the baby is in the cot but now have a question about the moses basket.
    My sister has bought us one which had come with a moses basket coverlet, which is a bit like a thin duvet but that we will be able to tuck in around the basket like a sheet/blanket - now how does that figure with the temperature thing - does it count as two blankets because its quite thick?

This is the moses basket and coverlet we have:
    http://www.marksandspencer.com/New-Arrivals-Moses-Basket-Coverlet/dp/B0031AVTA6?_encoding=UTF8&categoryNodeID=43670030&node=431296031&mnSBrand=core&ref=sr_1_4&qid=1281821621&sr=1-4&rh=n:431296031,n:431301031&page=

Any advice welcome!

Sarah 36+4
  • no idea! i just used sheets and cellular blankets until she was able to go in sleeping bags.
  • We got a coverlet with our moses basket too (which was really a thin small quilt) and I chose not to use it. They don't recommend babies use quilts at all, so why they sell them with moses baskets beats me. Personally, I'd put it away and not think about it again, just go with sheets/blankets or sleeping bags. And a little advice, don't buy loads of sheets/blankets, I have a pile in the wardrobe that have NEVER been used. HTH xx
  • I think the quilt that you got with the mosses basket is probably just for decoration - and not really meant for when the baby is in there.

You're much better of using sheets and cellular blankets to keep lo warm, and save the quilt for decoration. Also at 3am you wont give a stuff what it looks like - you'll just want things as easy as possible. (especially if baby poo's everywhere!)

Nx
  • Thanks ladies!! I really must buy sheets next... still not got any at all, if the baby decides to come early it'll end up wrapped up in an old teatowel at this rate!!

Sarah 36+5