Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

lets play a game...

... I'll post a hypothetical parenting dilemma, then the next poster has to respond with how they would deal with the situation, then post another different hypothetical parenting dilemma for the following poster. The situation can be for a child or children any age. Then we get to learn about each others' parenting styles and things....

Right....

Your 15 year old has a first bf/gf.... they think they are in love, but you hate the gf/bf. You don't think they are suited at all, and you think the gf/bf messes your teen around and doesn't treat them right. You also suspect they are having or contemplating a sexual relationship.

What do you do?

Replies

• Make sure they know about contraception if you haven't alreayd done all that talk! Try to take an interest without being overbearing, and make sure they know they can talk about things with you any time they want.

When I was 15 I went out with a 17yr old guy, who parents neever met. but he didn't go to college or have a job at that time. had long hair and a goatie. hung around drinking a lot of time, and was friends with people doing a lot of speed at the time. But he was nice to me, and I was never pressured into any drugs/other stuff, just drank beer with them. my parents just wanted to knwo where I was and who I was with, but otherwise left me to it. it all fizzled out after a month or so coz we didn't have that much in common. but I think if my parents had been really strict with me I might have been pushed towards him and his friends more because you want what you're nto allowed, and you want to rebel at that age.

so dilemma number 2....
    whenever your 3 year old comes home from your MIL's house and you ask them about their day they tell you about what sweets/presents they were bought. you usually only give them sweets on a friday, and they don't get new toys all the time, just special occasions. what do you do?