Forum home Babies Baby

Naming Ceremony

hi,

does anyone know of any poems or readings i could use for my daughters naming ceremony?

I have searched online, bought the humanist book 'new arrivals' and i cant find anything i like :/

I am going to read something, and my 10 year old brother is going to read something so they need to be suitable for her mum (me) or a child to read...

i was thinking of something like a winnie the pooh extract for my little brother to read but cant find anything good...

any ideas? x

Replies

• What about the book, guess how much I love u? It's very sweet

Jayne xx
  • What about the book, guess how much I love u? It's very sweet

Jayne xx

I love that!

• Thanks ladies, I like the second one MrsAmanda, that might be good for him to read...thanks

I've not heard of that book but im off to search for it now, thanks..x
  • If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.
    -- Winnie the Pooh

• Thanks hun, that's lovely!, thats the kind of thing i was looking for..x
  • i have a copy of our naming ceremony with readins and would be happy to send you a copy. Just email me from the button below and i will forward - it was the most amaing very special day x oh and there is a website too - www.landfear.co.uk/toby the video is on there and pictures there is also a music cd which we picked 8 songs each made the cover and used it as favours. very magical - i hope yours is the same x