Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Fancy dress party what the hell do I wear!!

We are going to a fancy dress party nxt weekend.

I have to go as something as the lady who is throwing the party is also pg.

I will be almost 28 wks, what on earth am I supposed to go as???

Any ideas welcome except for humpty dumpty or weebles!!!!

Thanks

LJ
26+4
xxxx

Replies

• Supermario? I went to a fancy dress party last year when not pregnant but wore maternity dungarees with a cushion down the front for marios tum, red tshirt, dodgy tash from the fancy dress shop and you can get mario hats off ebay quite cheap (although mine didn't turn up on time so ended up making one). It worked quite well, amused a lot of people and did make one or two think i was pregnant lol
  • You can get maternity fancy dress costumes but they're fairly limited to angels and witches etc. I like the supermario suggestion but i'm a bit of a retro game nerd lol!
  • I like the supermario idea too. I'm sure there could be a few websites that do costumes. How about morticia Adams. A black dress would show of your bump beautifully in keeping with fancy dress image x
  • hi

I had a hen weekend when I was 29 weeks......we had to go as charleston girls......I got a cheap maternity dress from new look, stitched on some fringing and I already had a facinator feather for my head.....looked fab....

xxxxx
  • I just did a little google and this popped up:

http://www.escapade.co.uk/Occupations-Costumes-sale/Baker-Maternity-Costume.asp

love the idea (bun in the oven image)

Or you could be Vicky Pollard, a pregnant nun, a mummy (as in wrap bandages around yourself :lolimage

Jo xx
    22+4
  • oops double post

[Modified by: Huni on August 21, 2010 03:34 PM]

• I'm planning on being Vicki Pollard for halloween! LoL! image
  • i went to a haloween part when i was pregnant and i went as a patient. jammies, dressing gown, slippers made a wrist band and was sooo comfy all night lol.
  • Hey Laura,

I would be creative and go in plain black leggings and black vest rolled up, then get a load of body paint and paint your bumps! You could do it red with black spots and be a ladybird! Or you could paint it white and turn it into an eye!!! x x
  • My friend had a great one where she dressed completely in black with an alien popping out of the bump like the film.
  • I would be creative and go in plain black leggings and black vest rolled up, then get a load of body paint and paint your bumps! You could do it red with black spots and be a ladybird! Or you could paint it white and turn it into an eye!!! x x

Or paint it pink and draw a pretty bunny on it and say it's a space hopper ;\) that's what i'd do lol, but I can be a little warped at times...

When my sis was pg with her first she was quite big at halloween, we painted her bump as a pumpkin.

• i had a goddess outfit that fitted my 38 week bump but unfortunatly the day of the party LO made his arrival!
  • G/c I did vicky pollard for a party when I was 35 weeks- comfy at least just wore leggings, bright pink vest top and pink hoodie, plimsoles, then jewellery and pink scrunchie...cheap and cheerful x
  • OMG thanks ladies some great ideas there.

Your a creative bunch, im glad I asked you lot LOL!!

We went out on Sat & alot of the group have said they are not bothering, we feel bad though as we know the couple who arranged this will be & a few others will be too so will feel bad if we dont do it.

I love the idea of painting bump, also PP I have been looking at goddess or egyptian outfits too.

Thanks ladies for so many great ideas xxx
  • http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANCIENT-Greek-Goddess-PRINCESS-Fancy-Dress-COSTUME-M-/170327053465?pt=Adult_Fancy_Dress_UK

thats what i bought, it looked luch over m bump, i was going to go as the virgin mary but it didnt fit the theme we had!
  • Oh yes that is lovely.

I did wonder abouit Mary too.

xx