Forum home Babies Baby

Tesco following Pampers lead?

we don't actually use disposables so this is all pure curiosity, but I followed the story of the redesigned dryMax Pampers with interest.

I saw in a Tesco baby magazine yesterday that Tesco have redesigned their 'Superfit' nappies. They claim they are now slimmer, yet more absorbent, due to new Maxi Dry technology.....

Ring any bells?!

Just wondered if any mums had had problems with the new design nappies - leaking or unexplained rashes. there have been some reports on Mumsnet.

Replies

• ive read somewhere, but dont know where, about toddlers with bottom injuries as nappies offer no padding anymore. yet another win for cloth!
  • I flipping well hope not because I have two jumbo packs coming with my online shopping tonight!! I used to love Pampers & it has taken me ages to find a new brand that we get on with and this happens to be Tescos. I will be watching this thread with interest.
  • I flipping well hope not because I have two jumbo packs coming with my online shopping tonight!! I used to love Pampers & it has taken me ages to find a new brand that we get on with and this happens to be Tescos. I will be watching this thread with interest.
  • ooh i hope not, tesco are the best fit for ds, haven't boutgh any in a while though cos i normally buy in bulk so i don't ahve to worry about it. he uses the baby dry type ones and thier pull ups,...x
  • We're exactly the same as Alcott - used to love Pampers till they changed and we had leaks, switched to Tesco own and they work great. Not sure we use the Superfit range, but I'm guessing it'll be the same as Pampers once they've done one they'll roll out to all ranges.
    Fingers crossed they're ok.
    xxx
  • I get on really well with the Tesco ones, prefer them above all other disposables!
  • I used to love Pampers too but they're rubbish now. My new favourite are Aldi ones, they can go all night and not leak.
  • We have been using some of the new design tesco nappies and had no issues whatsoever - in fact, I don't see any difference in them except new packaging
  • Hi I have been using the new superfit and they are brilliant, I love tesco nappies, they were the only ones that kept my little guy dry - 14 months and he's never had some much as a red bum, and the new superfit are brilliant. My little boy actually started walking unaided after months of walking around the furniture the day after we started using them! Do I sound like a tesco advert ha ha!
  • Love tesco nappies! Especially when they are so much more value for money, last week I got 3 packs for ??8 and each one had around 35 in I think. Not had one leak since using them!

Pampers I found leaked so not keen given the price. Asda little ones were ok and my second favourite. I wasn;t keen on sainsbury's own.

Interesting about the new design though op, might look out for those and try a pack to see how we go.

• Hmmm, I've been using the Tesco new superfit ones since switching from Pampers too! Haven't had any leaks or rashes, but don't find them to keep my DD that dry after a couple of hours tbh. I use their pull ups pants too and find these to be fine though. PLease don't go changing them!!

I will however be switching to Huggies shortly now that size 5 Natural Fit fits ok at last!!

[Modified by: posy1971 on August 25, 2010 02:22 PM]

• I recently switched to the new Tesco one's (having previously used a combo of reusables and Pampers). I thought they were ok, however LO has had a rash recently. I had put it down to teething, but maybe it is the change of nappies??? Hmmmm.... I will keep an eye on it and keep you all posted!