Forum home Babies Baby

The CBeebies summer time song

Does anyone else really like this song? It's so catchy and I hum it to myself all the tiime. My 9 mth old LOVES it and when it comes on tv he 'dances' and claps. I've been trying to record it so I can play it to him when he's in a grump as he loves the twirling umbrellas and bright colours.

I have just been on youtube and thankfully there is a video of it on there if all else fails. I'm now trying to learn all the words - I'm so lame!!

Replies

• toby loves the song and i love the dance i even did the one handed cartwheel in the garden - though thought adding the umbrella might be a little disastrous! x
  • Yes, my 24 month old dd absolutely loves it!! She always dances to it when it's on. She's now trying it teach it to her 8 month old baby brother and can't understand why he doesn't join in, lol!!! x
  • hehe, i love it too, ds and i always ahve a little boogie to it when ever its on, wish there was a full length version...x
  • I love it too! About to go and youtube it, even though my LO is asleep! I also love the recycling song. What has become of me?! I used to like going to gigs and clubbing, now I YouTube CBeebies songs...
  • does anyone know the words? i can never figure them out! The cbeebies xmas song is also really good, hopefully they will use it again this year. Agree about the recycling song to image xx
  • Found the lyrics :lol:

Soft breezes in the air
    Whisper into your ear
    It's time to step outside outside,
    And see that summer's here

The sun's warm beaming smile.
    Flowers, with their heads held high.
    And skipping cloud to cloud
    Birds dance in blue skies.

Summer, summer sun come shine
    But come the rain I still don't mind
    When sometimes, summer skies are grey
    Blue summer skies aren't far away.

(I'm singing to the sun)
    (Sing with everyone)
    (All the songs we love)

Bike rides down country lanes
    Splashing through pouring rain
    Waiting at windows
    Trying to spot the sun again.

Picnic rugs in the park
    Beneath the rainbow's arc
    Long sunny summer nights
    That never get dark.

Sometimes, summer skies are blue
    But when they're grey, it's not bad news.

(I'm singing to the sun)
    (Sing with everyone)
    (All the songs we love)

When sometimes, summer skies are grey
    Blue summer skies aren't far away.

Sometimes, summer skies are blue
    But when they're grey, it's not bad news
  • You can watch all the presenters songs on the cbeebies website, my hubby uses it to change our daughters bum, just angles the laptop beside her!

Summer song, birthday song and 3rd and Bird theme are her favs. The only programme we have on for is 3rd and bird, she loves it ( we have bought her lots of bits for her birthday from it!) yet I think Mummy may love it more for the naughty muffin...!

Both me and my hubby sing it often, how sad are we!

Bets XxX
  • It was the same song last year and my dd (now 23 months) loved it last summer!!! I have a video of her jigging away to it she loved it so much.. she isnt bothered this year though lol xx
  • Thank god it's not just me - safety in numbers!
  • LOVE IT! And the bday song.
    I also started off absolutely hating Carrie & David's popshop but it's really growing on me. I worry about my sanity...!
  • DD loves it, she is 10 months but I hate it!!! :lol:
  • We love it in our house - Freddie and I dance while daddy sings along! Even got a text from OH at work last week saying it had come one and he felt daft singing on his own - should have asked him why he was watching cbeebies while Freddie was at nursery lol!!!
  • Daves friend - do you run around the hosue to "its a disaster" toby finds this hysterical! x
  • Have you got a spycam in my house Summer?! lol!!
  • he he he - were are ob from the same pod!

I know all the words to POp shop is it this or is it that which follows the same lines as its a disaster.

I have no idea what is going on in the world as cbbebies is our staple! and think "everythings Rosie!!" which is just the way i want it to be!
  • oooh Carrie and David ahem *shrieks* "I'm warming up my voice" and then we bounce!! OH hates the 'plopshop' but I'm ok with it sshhhh don't tell him!

Freddie loves theme tunes especially if I attempt to sing along 'everything's rosie' is one of his faves and chuggington too clackety clack image