Forum home Babies Baby

Rear facing car seat 0-4yrs (again!)

Apologies as I know this topic has been done to death recently, but I can't seem to find the posts and our narrow-band (we pay for broad but we're the end of the line! Grrr) is taking ages tonight.

Soooooo, Sara is about to outgrow her infant carrier thingy and I'm keen to keep her rear-facing if possible. Any recommendations plz? Any tips on what to look out for when buying car seats? We're off to the UK tomorrow pm and so I'm hoping to buy one when we're over as we have no fitting services of anything over here

I know there's a mine of info out there...so post away!!!
Thank you, Liz xxx

Replies

• Hi not sure where the other threads are but www.rearfacing.co.uk has loads of info. The seat we're getting is the BeSafe Izi Combi

HTH x
  • Just had a dig through for you hun while waiting to do the dreamfeed, manage to find this thread
    http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/192935

• thanks very much x
  • Hi, I did some research on this recently, and stage 1 car seats, that keep baby rear facing till 4yrs old, can be quite difficult to get hold of. A good contender is:

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/child-seats/recaro-polaric.php

Expensive, at ??230, but will last until 4.5yrs and I would def have them rf till 4yr old now.

• Hi Ladies, I quite like the sound of the britax evolva, its from 9mths - 12yrs. At least you're only buying the one seat then.
  • Hi Ladies, I quite like the sound of the britax evolva, its from 9mths - 12yrs. At least you're only buying the one seat then.
    x

but it doesnt do rearfacing whihch is what the OP asked.

we have the britax first class and have only just turned LO round forward facing at 15 months and 28lb

[Modified by: sleepybeccie on August 26, 2010 11:10 AM]

• Kiddiecare.com do rear facing car seats that go upto 4 years old. The prices vary from ??40 - ??200. I bought the pink one for ??45 and its FAB!
  • we have a jane matrix pro which is rear facing til 18kg (18months) and we were also looking at the rear facing to 4 years but hubby doesnt have isofix in his car and they need isofix points and so much clearerance space (which i dont think my car would have due to it being a small car, kalso)