Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby's hair falling out

when does it stop??? Or will he lose all of it???

My first ds was born with no hair so I have no idea what to expect!

Replies

• My son lost all but a strip across the back, it looked like a little old mans haircut. LOL!!
  • Dd1 was born with loads of hair and didn't lose any of it. dd2 was born with a little bit of hair and lost most of it, except for a little bit on top, she looked quite funny with a kind of reverse monk look with a patch of hair on top and none round the sides or back. She is 7 months now and it has grown back, still very short and very fair though so she still looks nearly bald from a distance.
  • My lo had lost all his newborn hair by the time he was 5 months old, it was dark brown when he was born and it grew back blonde-he went through an awkward stage where he had a brown mullet, a clump of ling brown hair either side and blonde sprouting all over the top!x
  • My lo was born with dark brown hair, he lost the back and a little off the sides about 3 months and it also thinned on top but not badly and then it grew in blonde and with a curl in it and it came in pretty quickly too. He is now 11 months and has had his haircut 4 times and desperately needs it done again!!
    xx
  • DD had loads of black hair when she was born. It started to fall out at the back gradually after a few weeks tho. At one point she had a bald patch but then it suddenly stopped falling out and grew very quickly and has continued to do so ever since. x
  • My mum says all my hair fell out when I was 6 months, she put baby oil on my cradle cap and it came out in chunks! :lol: It grew back quite quick she said, there's pics of me at 12 months with quite a bit, though not as much as some babies I must admit. I thought my son's hair would do the same thing but it didn't!