Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Homebirth

Well I'm officially full-term today so if I go into labour now I have to phone the labour ward and they will send out a midwife to us. I don't think I'm ready yet though. Still need to organise sheets, towels and tarpaulins - my OH is really worried about the mess. :roll:

I have had the pool and tens machine delivered and the midwife dropped round the birthing pack this afternoon. No G&A though - they bring that with them to the birth - my OH was disappointed he wasn't going to be able to have a sneaky advance puff. :lol:

Anyway getting quite nervous now. Not at all ready for no2.

H xx

Replies

• wow!
    I really hope you have a lovely homebirth and fingers crossed youre not hanging in there for another 2 weeks!
    Cant wait to hear how it all goes and bump colour!
    xx
  • Can't believe it's that time already! How exciting!

Hubby didn't fancy a homebirth when I was pg was Skye, he was convinced it would ruin all the new carpets and wooden floors teehee!

Hope it all goes to plan and you have a lovely, calm experience, and maybe hubby can sneak in a few quick puffs when the midwife's back is turned LOL!!!

I guess there's a baby boy keeping warm and snug waiting for the towels and tarps to come out! x
  • I was so excited reading your post...being back on here is making me more broody! image

It only feel likes the other day i was expecting lily and now so many of you are expecting number two.

Look forward to hearing how it goes. My mum had all 3 of us at home. x
  • Really looking forward to hearing your news! We're considering a homebirth this time round so will be interested to hear how it all goes x
  • Oh lots of luck and fingers crossed its not too messy for oh to clear up!!!!
    Its come around so quickly so I'm sure a few more days will be bearable - just! Hope to hear from you soon.

xxx
  • oh my goodness it feels like you've had the quickest pregnancy ever! but i'm sure it may not feel the same way for you! plus you couldn't have timed in better with being a teacher! can't wait to see pics of your new baby - and don't worry i doubt anyone ever feels ready, but you'll cope amazingly just as you did with abbey. lots of love k & t xxx
  • oh my goodness it feels like you've had the quickest pregnancy ever! but i'm sure it may not feel the same way for you! plus you couldn't have timed in better with being a teacher! can't wait to see pics of your new baby - and don't worry i doubt anyone ever feels ready, but you'll cope amazingly just as you did with abbey. lots of love k & t xxx
  • Was just going to say same as Kate- you have had quickest pregnancy!
    Had to laugh at your hubby and the mess, if anything like our house it'd be you cleaning up anyway lol Plus I'd imagine it'd be pretty confined to where you are image
    Does Abby have an idea what's going on? A homebirth sounds quite exciting, looking forward to your birth story x
  • Good luck with your home birth. I can't believe how quickly these second pregnancies seem to be going either! Hope all goes smoothly and you're not kept waiting! x
  • Good luck H! Got to agree, that has whizzed by. What will sleeping arrangements be for your babies, have you got a nursery to decorate? Will Abby be in a big girl bed?
  • Good luck hope baby comes soon you will be totally ok once here just like before image Bet Abby is excited =D I cant wait to get this baby out of me lol this pregnancy has been much worse than the first weirdly considering that i had 2 last time image Looking forward to see the bump colour we have one of each so far hehe xxx