Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

Just a little hello!H

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well with you!
I have a tiny little announcement to make.....I am having another baby! Due on 24th January s i'm just over 16 wks now. BIG BIG Shock but we're getting there with it now & starting to come round to it.

Ellie is doing fantastically well, a real wee chatter box & she never stops she's always on the go which can be a bit tiring but i'd rather she had a character than sat watching tv all day!

Will get a proper catch up soon, my internet is so slow I lose the plot trying to reply but i am always here lurking lol

Lauren xx

Replies

• OMG...huuuuuuuuuuuuge congrats. Wow 16 weeks! You did well to keep that from us all lol...

Have you know from the beginning or have you only found out yourself a while ago? How nice for Ellie to have a sibling to grow up with.
    You will be fine. I hope your mum is OK with it all and helping you out?

love d x
  • well was just coming on to say to anyone i'm friends with on FB please please do not mention it on there because my mum still doesn't know!! cringe! can't face telling her but will have to as i am starting to becoming a little rounder lol.

will kp u all updated as time goes along xx
  • wow congratulations!!!! it will be lovely for ellie to have a little brother or sister and its a nice age gap too.
    good luck hope that all goes ok with telling your mum. xx
  • Wow congrats!! What a nice surprise. Hope the pregnancy is kind to you!

Errrr.... please forgive me if I'm being nosey and I've got this all wrong, but did you break up with Ellie's Dad? Did you guys get back together and I missed something? Or is your life just way more exciting and celeb-like than mine??? image

Please don't think I'm being rude by asking!

I must say, I think there are definite benefits to having your children when you're a bit younger. I'm 34 now and I've found parts of this preg much tougher with a toddler in tow. I'm sure it would have been easier if I was in my 20s!

Take care and congrats again!

• Lol no probs with being nosey i am nosey too! We split up ages & ages ago- to be honest I think I was very disillusioned & clinging on to something that wasn't there- I have seen him for what he really is & cannot stand him but am civil & will remain so for Ellie's sake.

I started seeing my boyfriend last year, had known him for a while before as he's my friend's (young!) uncle-he is a 15 yrs older than me but doesn't seem it.
    He has 2 kids of his own who he's raised as a single parent, we just click so well & i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him!
    I am shocked that our family is coming together so quickly but i wouldn't change it.

I still get exhausted with ellie & especially as i am not sleeping at nights because of sciatica (sp) then wanting to sleep through the day but with Mr Lauren there it's a whole lot easier. we're not living together but spend a lot of time at each other's places & the kids get on well. so far you wouldn't even know im pregnant but was like this with ellie too- at nights i have the most massive bump but its prob food more than baby hehe. no sickness, no movement, no flutters, no nothing but then again i had an anterior placenta with ellie so was used to feeling no movement until she was bigger anyway.
    I think ellie being nearly 3 by the time this one comes along will be a nice age gap too, but certainly this will be my last!
    I didn't want any before Ellie, didn't want any after her & really really don't want any more after this one, I think 4 between us is enough with age ranging from almost 16 to newborn we have it all!

Thanks for all your kind wishes xxxx
  • OMG again. You have gone from a single mum to a loved up mum of 4 in a matter of months. I love it!!!!

Really happy for you that you have found someone who appreciates you. Its no suprise to me that you have gone for someone older. I am sure I remember you saying how immature you found boys of your age group. 15 years is nothing these days.
    My favourite gap is the 2 and half to 3 year one. I have this between Lauren and Chris and Charlie and Amelia. They are old enough to not need constant minding but still young enough to be happy to stay in all day when the baby first arrives.
    Keep in touch and just tell your mum. Better to tell her than for her to guess as she will be angry and upset. Take your partner with you and let her see you are happy and in a good place.

d xxx
  • Wow, just back from hols and catching up with posts! Fantastic news, huge congratulations to you. You sound so happy and 2yrs 10mth is the same gap that I've got between my two. Tis perfect!!!! Completely agree with Dee, just bite the bullet and tell your mum. Am sure that she'll be fine with it as long as you're happy.
    Congrats again,let us know how you get on
    Z
    Xx
  • Awww.... he sounds lovely Misslauri! And right on your wavelength too. So pleased for you both x
  • Wow fantastic news! Contratulations! I also have that gap between my two & it's great xx
  • wow huge congratulations to you! am so happy for you image Take care and keep us all updated

loads of love n best wishes
  • It's great to hear from you. Congratulations how exciting for you all and lovely age gap for Ellie and her lil bro or sis. Keep us updated

xxxx