Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

8 months naps?

How long can your 8 month olds go before a nap? LO used to go only 3 hours before needing another nap but I'm starting to notice it creep up to 3.5 hours, it's hard to catch it sometimes before he gets overtired.

Replies

• At 8 months Sam used to have a nap two hours after he woke up - so usually at about 9am. Then either a long afternoon nap - from 1 - 2.30ish or if we weren't at home, a couple of catnaps in car and pram.
  • if we're out ems will catnap on and off all day but when we're at home she will go anything from 1.5 hours - 5 hours! without a nap. she does however sleep lots more when feeling under the weather/teething etc so i think the less naps are her way of making up for sleeping so much the day before iyswim? lol
  • we normally go 3 1/2 hours between naps with the exeption of the afternoon, he will wake up at 2.30pm from nap and goes to bed at 6.30pm so he does a 4 hour stretch then. a few months ago he could only manage 2 hours awake but it changed over night and his naps are now longer and more spaced out, works much better for us!
  • My 8 month old got up at 8am today, went down for a nap at 11.30am for half an hour and then his next one was 4pm so that was 3.5 and 4 hours today. Normally it's more like 3-3.5 but funny things seem to be happening with his naps at the moment, he has become a bit difficult to settle. HTH xx
  • In the mornings Toby usually needs a naap 2 hours after he wakes up (although that's 2 hours after I hear him, I'm starting to think that he might actually be waking earlier but just playing quietly in his cot for a bit). In the afternoon he can go from anywhere from 2-4 hours before having a nap, I can never predict it!