Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

due date confusion!

got my bfp today image still early days but i cant help myself!

the first day of my last period was 19th July... but i was using ovulation sticks and actually ovulated on 16th august..

if we go by the last period my due date is 25th april
if we go by when i actually ovulated my due date is 9th May

which are the professionals more likely to go for?? im thinking if they say 25th april i will end up going overdue!!!

Replies

• take your ovulation date then take 2 weeks off it, add 40 weeks to that date. i get the 9th of may. they will put your lmp date down in your notes. but dont forget at your 12 week scan you wont be 12 weeks by that point, so dont panic! and then remember baby could come at any point until the 13rd of may!
  • They normally go by first day of last period, so if you see your GP he may well give you a due date of 25 April. However, your 12 week scan should show a lot more accurately how far along you are, and if it really is more like 9 May they'll prob adjust your due date - 2 weeks is a long time!

Congratulations on your BFP x
  • oh thanks girls! i guess i will just have to wait and see!! image xxx
  • oh thanks girls! i guess i will just have to wait and see!! image xxx
  • they will go by the date from ur LMP until u get ur dating scan around 12-14weeks when they'll adjust then. hth x
  • That's spooky Lucyah... I've got similar dates ie. the first day of my last period was 19th July... but i was using ovulation sticks and actually ovulated on 15th August.. and I was wondering the same thing...
  • oooh pink princess looks like we better stick together as we are both in it for the long haul now!! image

this your first baby???
  • Hi Lucyah, hopefully it will be my 1st, sadly this is my 2nd pregnancy - I miscarried at 6wks in May this year - so hoping this little sultana will stick!
  • aww stickyness to you sweetheart!!!! image like i said, we are both in it for the long run now! cant wait til the first scan!!!