Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bump support belt

Ha sanyone got one of these? I went out with hubby today and had a great time in the sunshine, but walked too far over the course of the day and ended up with an aching bump and pelvis, and sore lower back and down my legs. I haven't put much weight on (1st pregnancy) but my bump is quite hard and heavy now so is there something you can buy to hold it up and support it? The soreness was all underneath. Thanks x
(25 + 4)

Replies

• Hi hun, I've just got 1 yesterday and to be honest haven't wore it for more than 10mins! I find it quite tight (I know it's meant to be though) and sitting down in it is a no-no as it digs into my bump. I can feel it supporting my back but the fact it is so tight around the bottom of my bump means it will take alot of getting used to, that's if I ever wear it again!! I got it from ebay (brand new ) for ??11 which is about the best price I could find

Jo xx
    23+6
  • Hi,

I was finding I was aching when doing alot/modarate amount of walking so my hubby bought 1 for me (after all my moaning haha). I use it when I know i will be on my feet for a while and its great! It really helps they 'heavy feeling. However when I am driving/sitting down it is uncomfortable, so its a bit annoying taking it off and putting it back on bearing iin mind you dont wanna lift up your top when you get out the car etc! So pros and cons!!xx
    (29+5)
  • Hi,

I was finding I was aching when doing alot/modarate amount of walking so my hubby bought 1 for me (after all my moaning haha). I use it when I know i will be on my feet for a while and its great! It really helps they 'heavy feeling. However when I am driving/sitting down it is uncomfortable, so its a bit annoying taking it off and putting it back on bearing iin mind you dont wanna lift up your top when you get out the car etc! So pros and cons!!xx
    (29+5)
  • Thanks for sharing- sounds like it might not be for me then, as in my job I swap between standing and sitting a lot. Think it's a sign I need to slow down a bit and get more rest, the aching has gone this morning. :\)
  • I got one from Boots, for a tenner. Its like a big tube, a bit like a compression sock for the bump. It is quite tight so I only wear it as a relief rather than a preventative, if you see what I mean. I find it helps me sleep better as it holds my bump in place.