Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

help - what would you do?????

hi ladies
i need an outside opinion rather urgently

dd is almost 13 months old
i go back to work tm, she starts nursery tm, i went back to work before the summer hols for 3 weeks but hubby had her for one week and my mum and dad came down to have her for the other two

she had settle sessions of no more than four hours 3 times last week
on the mon tea time after nursery she was sick, thought she had eaten her yog too quick and thought nothing of it
last week she was really off her food but we noticed teeth poking through all over her mouth incl molars so we put it down to that and gave her extra cuddles etc...
thurs nursery fine but again came home and she was very out of sorts, fine fri morning so off she went again, this time wasnt so good - she never slept there wouldnt eat and was hysterical when i collected her, that night she was sick at tea again.

then sat i come down with the worst vomiting bug have ever had, spend the day in bed when not puking and going to loo and i'm only just recovering. everyone who was in contact with the house now has the bug, how guilty do i feel? but sunday dd starts having the odd watery poey nappy and then mon its non stop, she hardly ate anything yesterday but was drinking and today just the one runny watery poo tonight, again she hasnt eaten much at all today and is sooo lifeless and sleepy its unreal. i've rang nhs direct etc and theyv advised what i am doing is correct etc but ....

my major question is do i take her to nursery or not tm? this sounds so cruel but if she doesnt go to nursery i have to have the first day back at work off, normally wouldnt worry me but i am a teacher and its the first day that you get all the ino you need to allow you to teach the rest of the week etc... but i wouldnt want to leave her at nursery unwell, already breaks my heart that she was there under the weather last week and also its not fair if she has still got bug as could pass it to others....

as its my first do i dont i situation i am dithering somewhat!!! help!!!

jane n a poorly grace xxx

Replies

• Sorry you & your lo have been feeling poorly. I think the decision would be made for you, as I think it's unlikely that the nursery would take her if she's poorly-especially if she has a sickness bug that could be passed on to other children.

I *think* most places say they have to be clear of sickness diarrhea for at least 48 hours before they can go back. This would also probably be the case for you as you work in a school. Hope you're able to stay at home with her & give her the mummy cuddles she'll need xx
  • Hi Hun, I work in a nursery & am certain thata if the nursery knew she was poorly they wouldn't let her go in. In out policies we state that the child can't come back until 48 hrs After last sickness etc. Sounds extreme but bugs like thAt spread like wildfire amongst little ones & the staff. Also if she did go in, & wasn't well chances r they'd ring u to collect her anyways. Best place for her is at home image also in the first few months she'll pick up anything going I'm afraid!! Have u got anyone who could watch her for u? Or maybe your OH could take the day off work instead. Also, how understanding wud your work be? Sorry hum, probes not what u wanted to hear image. Hope she feels better soon Hun xxxx
  • thanks both, yes i thought it was a 48 hour policy but doidnt know if i had imagined it! i am pretty certain we picked it up from there last week but cant be 100% so i owuld be very annoyed if someone had dropped their LO on the off chance they would be ok and then contributed to a spread like this. it is so virilant can;t believe how many of our friends now have t so little ones with it isnt good!

we have no family close to us at all and used up all favours from friends at the weekend and they all now have it too! what a mess!!

i think my work will just have to understand, hubby cant get day off tm but is off thurs and fri so hopefully if she needs to stay with me tm then she would be back on track by the weekend hopefully. i might see if i can ask him to leave work a little earlier and then head to work for just a few hours myself or go in ealry thursday.... ah the responsibility eh?!

many thanks, as soon as i read my bit back i htought it sounds mad of course she should be at home what am i htinking trying to take her in?!

jane xxx
  • thanks both, yes i thought it was a 48 hour policy but doidnt know if i had imagined it! i am pretty certain we picked it up from there last week but cant be 100% so i owuld be very annoyed if someone had dropped their LO on the off chance they would be ok and then contributed to a spread like this. it is so virilant can;t believe how many of our friends now have t so little ones with it isnt good!

we have no family close to us at all and used up all favours from friends at the weekend and they all now have it too! what a mess!!

i think my work will just have to understand, hubby cant get day off tm but is off thurs and fri so hopefully if she needs to stay with me tm then she would be back on track by the weekend hopefully. i might see if i can ask him to leave work a little earlier and then head to work for just a few hours myself or go in ealry thursday.... ah the responsibility eh?!

many thanks, as soon as i read my bit back i htought it sounds mad of course she should be at home what am i htinking trying to take her in?!

jane xxx