Forum home Babies Baby

Maxi Cosi Priori XP (also in Born in Feb)

Have been looking into next stage car seats as we need to buy two so I think we need to get one soon to spread the cost.

I really like the Maxi Cosi Priori XP and sort of have my heart set on it now, so a couple of questions:

1. For those of you with older children, have you used this car seat and was it any good? I have a Ford Mondeo and a Peugeot 406 so fairly big cars although I have been told that the mondeo can be a bit of a sod to fit car seats in.

2. I have seen it in Babies R Us at ??150 and I have a ??10 off voucher so could get it for ??140. Has anyone seen it cheaper anywhere else (that would be willing to help me to fit it so I can make sure it is ok for my car)?

Replies

• Hi Mrs CP,

Grace is nearly one and has been in her Priori XP for three months. I bought one off my friend who had barely used it (previous one stolen so only used for three months, bargain!) and Grace was happy and comfortable in it, so we bought another for hubby's car. Both grandparents also have them for nursery emergencies, but we bought those used.

We bought the one for hubby's car from Halfords and I have just checked and they still have them at ??117.99 in their sale. You may even find a discount code online for a few more % off.....

The Priori fits well in my hubby's bigger car (a Vauxhall Insignia) and also in my smaller Citroen C3.

I hope this helps!

Em x
  • Fantastic, thankyou. Glad to hear they are as good as they seem. Just in case anyone else is interested in Born in Feb it was mentioned that they are ??108 in mothercare.
  • we got ours from halfords for ??119 a few weeks ago x
  • Fantastic, thankyou. Glad to hear they are as good as they seem. Just in case anyone else is interested in Born in Feb it was mentioned that they are ??108 in mothercare.

Just to let you all know that this price is ending today so you'd need to order it before midnight tonight to get that price! Free delivery thoughimage
  • Mrs CP, my ds1 had the priori (8yrs-ish ago) and it was a good seat - but if I was buying again now, I would keep baby rear-facing for longer.

xx
  • my ds1 had the xp it was fab. before you buy one though it is worth going to halfords or mothercare and getting them to try it in both cars as not all car seats fit all cars. xx