Forum home Babies Baby

highchair recommendations please

Its a little early for us to start thinking of weaning but I'm starting to think I need to think about highchairs as it may take us a couple of months to get to shop for one image So I was after recommendations... am tempted to try baby led weaning when the time comes.

Thanks!

Replies

• We have the chicco happy snack and LOVE IT!

There's a basket underneath to store all bibs and muslins/wipes! Really convenient, easy to clean, large tray so my little man can play with his food lol! And we have the blue scribble and it's sooooo yummy looking xxx
  • The Ikea cheapy one is fabulous!! I love it! It is so easy to clean and it doesn't take up that much room, it sits quite neatly at our kitchen table. I love it because there is no fabric to take off and wash if we have a messy mealtime!

And to top it all off it was only about ??15 including the tray!! Bargain! image

xxx
  • Tried 2 (a cheap one, a Fisher Price decent one) but neither worked well for us. Finally went with a Tripp Trapp and best thing we ever did. Fantastic (though expensive) and grows with them through to adulthood.
    Perfect if you're planning on eating together at the table a lot (which tends to be part of BLW).
  • I second the Ikea one. We spent ??200 on a posh one that looks amazing, http://www.zoobie.co.uk/site/jigsaw.php and I do still love it but to be honset the Ikea one that we bought for going places is just as good in a lot of ways! You can't go wrong with ??15!
  • We just got the IKEA cheapy one today & I love it - LO appears to like it to - he's sat in it right now chatting to a place mat! We got the tray but it fits right under our table so we probably won't use the tray much. I bought it because of a thread on here on which many people said about how good they are! x
  • The Ikea one! By far our best buy to date - we got the inflatable booster to go in it as Freddie's little and it's brill, we love it :\)
  • We've already got the high chair for harry. its one i got from asda 'feed me comfy' its called its basically the same as the stokke tripp trapp but a fifth of the price! didnt see the point of paying all that money just for the stokke name. hav the same one for ds1 who's 2 and he absolutly loves it! xxx
  • We're not weaning yet but have got the chicco polly magic as it is suitable from birth. It reclines right back and has got a toy bar, means ds can be in the kitchen with me while I get on with jobs
  • Another Ikea highchair fan her!

When I first saw a photo of it I wasn't keen but DD used it on holiday and it was fab! She sits better in it then any of the others I have tried! When we got back I went straight out and got one! It is fab! So easy to clean, get DD in and out of and DD loves it too x

There's a basket underneath to store all bibs and muslins/wipes! Really convenient, easy to clean, large tray so my little man can play with his food lol! And we have the blue scribble and it's sooooo yummy looking xxx

We have this too and so far (after one day) I am a fan!!
  • We too have the Chicco happy snack - it is fab !! Although I spend all my time picking up bits of food from the basket underneath as she keeps dropping them ! My LO is a girl but we still have the blue scribble one - don't ask !! S XX

We have this too and so far (after one day) I am a fan!!

We also have this! It's our second high chair, and we love it too!!
  • i have the mamas ana papas mamu bop form argod for ??29.99 it has a 5 point harness and is upright, so suitable for blw. dd seems to like it. it doesnt have a basket underneath, but having seen friends highchairs that do they seem to be just food collectors and look grubby.
  • definately the ikea one, all my friends have them which is why we bought it. dont even need the inflatable as we just stick a cushion behind lo!! its only ??15 and we have one in both grandparents houses!! so 3 x high chairs for ??45.00!!
  • We have a Cosatto Noodle which I bought after a recommendation on here from Gemmiebaby. It was about ??90 from Kiddicare I think. I really like it - it's very easy to clean and has an extra tray that sits inside the main tray which is handy. The only negative is that the straps are white - so they are now brown in places, despite a lot of scrubbing!
  • We got the Chicco ... something - can't remember what - but ended up getting the Ikea one - SO SO SO GOOD - can't recommend it enough !!!!!!!!!! Its so much easier to clean !
  • I've got a ??250 highchair (a BLOOM) and a ??15 IKEA chair. To be honest the IKEA one is great for now - easy to put up and fits her well. The BLOOM one is still a bit big in eating mode but I have had it since she was newborn as you can use it on tilt mode. She hangs out in it when I'm ironing or in the kitchen - it's good for that. Think it will be better once she's 9+ months. It lasts until she's 5 years old though as it can be converted into a cool 'hot pink' chair.
  • im super organised - DIN but have my high chair LOL
    we just ordered the babies r us fruity one, they do it in spots as well. its only 25quid half price, i dont think u need to spend 100 quid on something they only sit in to eat xxx
  • Ikea all the way!!! ??14 .. you just cant go wrong! I had an expensive one, hated it and sold it !! xx