Forum home Babies Baby

Baby blue in face/trapped wind

DS is now 11 weeks old, and has suffered with TERRIBLE trapped wind all his little life. We are doing everything we can for this - use Dr Brown bottles, use Gripe Water (cannot use Infacol as he is on Reflux meds), feed upright and spend HOURS trying to burp him in every which way you can think of. Have also been to baby massage to try to help with his bottom wind.

Anyway - he permanently has a blue tinge to his face (around mouth, around nostrils and over bridge of his nose).

I am pretty sure that this is due to all the wind he has inside him, but wondered if anyone else had experienced this/had any advice?

xxx

Replies

• sorry i can't help but am interested to hear what others say as my LO is only 3 weeks but is suffering trapped wind too!
    We have infacol but seem to be having limited success!
  • i THINK IF HES BLUE, YOU SHOULD GET HIM CHECKOUT OUT. MAYBE JUST CALL NHS DIRECT. WIND WISE, I CANT HELP, SORRY!

SORRY FOR THE CAPS TOO...BABY HAS BEEN ON THE COMPUTER....

EM X
  • hey hun yep blue around the lips is trapped wind , harrison gets it - its how i know when to stop winding him is when normal colour returns xx think i read it in one of my many baby books xx
  • Hi there,
    My baby used to suffer from trapped wind and have a blue top lip as you describe. My health visitor recommended colocynth. They are homeopathic little white granules that dissolve on baby's tongue. They really helped Alice and she did some really big burps afterwards! Might be worth a try for you. x