Forum home Babies Baby

When do they roll??

My first lo never really rolled. Now my second is tryign to roll but seems too little to be doing it to me I just wondered what the kind of 'expected' time for rolling was??? 6wks, 10wks, 15wks???

Any idea gratefully recieved!

Replies

• Well, my lo was rolling onto her side at about 10 weeks. She is now 23 weeks & still hasn't rolled onto her tummy. She really doesn't seem bothered to do it.

J xx
  • my DS rolled front to back at 5 months which i think was quite late, my friends LO was rolling at 13 weeks and rolling all over the place at 4 months !
  • Not sure on rolling over but my little one (5 weeks) seems to be trying to roll over to get to a toy that i put at the side of him. He seems quite motivated but can't do it yet and seems to just turn quite a bit instead. I had a feeling it was a few months old but i could be wrong. I think they roll from front to back easier so therefore maybe sooner. x
  • My LO rolled front to back at 16 weeks and back to front at 17 weeks. She'd been trying back to front and getting about 3/4 of the way there for about 5 weeks before she actually did it.

I think it is about this time for most, a lot of the May babies are rolling for the first time at the moment.
  • DS rolled front to back at 8 weeks, and back to front at 18 weeks. DD didn't roll until 9 months!
  • ds went back to front at 14weeks, and front to back and all the way around 2 weeks later at 16weeks xx
  • My DS didn't really roll until he was nearly 8 months xx
  • My little man rolled onto his side and then 'flopped' onto his front a few times when he was really little, 6 weeks or so but I don't think it was a conscious act and it was ages before he did it again.
    He started properly rolling onto his side at about 18 weeks and flopped a few times and then began actively rolling onto his front at about 20 weeks. He started rolling onto his back again about 4 weeks later. At our NCT group they all did it at roughly the same time, a few earlier a few later but mainly around 20 weeks-ish. One of them still doesn't roll at 7 months.
    The LO I looked after never rolled, he never crawled either, he was a bum shuffler. They are all so different there is no right time.
  • DD was about 10 months when she rolled but she only did it once (that I know of). I loved the fact I could change her nappy easily whereas my friends used to moan they had such a wriggly baby! x
  • DD was about 10 months when she rolled but she only did it once (that I know of). I loved the fact I could change her nappy easily whereas my friends used to moan they had such a wriggly baby! x

Soooo true, I either have to wrestle with my little man or give him something 'forbidden' like the remote or my phone to get him to lie still for 5 seconds :lol:
  • I was QUITE happy that first lo never bothered with rolling ti did make things easy! but this lo seems detremined to do it so I am wanting to know what I might be looking at timing wise!
  • Abby rolled onto her side REALLY early (2 weeks old) but that was just a fluke/one off (although it was enough for me to never leave her on the sofa again!) then by 6 weeks she could easily roll onto her side, and at 13 weeks she rolled over all the way, onto her tummy.