Forum home Babies Baby

Brean Sands?

ok so we did a sun deal in May to Mullion and it was amazing - brand new caravan, radiators! It was amazing and wonderfully clean so we thought we would book another one Brean Sands and we are leaving on Monday.

I have just read some reviews and i am appalled - does anyone have any good things to say? thank you x

Replies

• Im sure ive been here,where is it?xx
  • I've been to Brean a few times, although it's not the most amazing place, its no the worst! The campsite is pretty basic, with a small play area, an amusement arcade and some kind of chip shop I think? I've never stayed in a caravan there though.
    There's also a stretch of beach, which you have to walk down for quite some time to get to anything, which is only some rock pools and a cafe!
    There is an easily accesable bus to Weston Super Mare though
  • thanks rosalie - jstar it is near Burnham on sea and cheddar gorge -x
  • I've never stopped at Brean Sands but know plenty of people who have as we live on the worcestershire/Gloucestershire borders, Weston and Brean are our local seasides, for day and short breaks, I have never heard anyone rave about it, but also never heard any negative comments about it either. And yes, it's very near Burnham on Sea and also Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, etc. x
  • Yes i have been here for a dance competition about 6 years ago, i dont know if it was because the place was totally full but our accomodation was really dirty. I cant comment on the place for a holiday as i just danced the whole weekend,sorry! x
  • I too went for a dancing weekend last year and the accomdation was awful. I swear it was riddled with fleas.
    BUT!!!!! We were told that it was being refurbished so it might well have been done, as we went october last year.
    xx
  • Cant comment on Brean Sands, but my husbands family have a caravan down in brean on Diamond Farm and my mom had one on Unity - Brean is a lovely place, but once you have seen it you get abit sick of the place. If you havent been before there is lots you can do. You can go into Western, theres a few things to do in Brean itself and the beach is nice. My husbands family love it there!

xx
  • i go to brean every year on holiday. Its very basic and quite expensive if you have older children to entertain. If not then it can be quite lovely, the beaches are gorgoeus, theres a lovely chinese takeaway and the best pub to go to with children is the beachcomber. We live very close, so its not really a holiday for us but youll enjoy it image