Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 08

first day at pre school!!!

Hi ladies hope taht all you and little ones are well.

well today i have dropped freya off for her first morning at pre school, she was absolutely fine just gave me a kiss and off she went to play. it helps that she knows quite a few of the children any way but still i thought that she might be just a little sad to be left, as phoebe cried for about 6 months before she finaly settled, but no she even bat an eye lid. She has phoebes old uniform and book bag (poor second child getting all the hand downs!) and she looks so cute!
here is a pic of my little baby. image

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff136/flickaty22/174.jpg

Replies

• Oh bless her little heart. She looks so cute. Great that she settled so well and enjoyed herself so much. Bit gutted that Olivia can't start until after Easter as our local pre-school can't accept them until 3 years. Bet you won't know yourself with a quiet house a couple of mornings each week - enjoy! xxx
  • Oh bless her! She looks super cute! I love uber blond little ones image My hubby and I are both quite dark so not much chance of that in our house.

Samuel starts 3 afternoons a week from Mon next week. It's a private/council partnership and Welsh language, so it's called Cylch Meithrin. It's only ??8 a session and will be paid for by the council in the term after his 3rd birthday.

Bit nervous as we speak English at home, but about half of the children will be in the same boat.

Hope Freya continues to enjoy it all!

• calire, thats a shame that olivia cant start until she is 3! i was going to leave freya until she was 3 (and funded) but she really wanted to go and kept asking so i thought ok just one morning.

jo, hope that samuel enjoys him self, im sure he will be fine with the welsh speaking as kids pick up things so fast and it willbe fab for him to be able to speak 2 languages!!!

steph, hope taht grace settles in soon, phoebe was just the same, she took ages to settle in and i felt soo cruel leaving her. Feya is a much more out going child than phoebe was and the pre school is a familiar place to her so i was pretty sure she would be ok. xxx
  • she looks so sweet. Bless her. Well done tho that she went straight in no bother.
    Amelia starts sometime the end of Sept. 3 mornings a week. I go next Wed to find out her start day and the days she got. I just hope her best mate Joe is in her class. She has the cutest red gingham uniform. I will post a pic when she starts..

good luck all the other nursery goers..

d xx
  • Wow, she looks sooooo cute! They are growing up superfast now, it's scary! Evie does one day a week at the mo but gets the vouchers from the Easter term next year. The pre school at Joe's school usually do Jan and Sept intakes but they're looking at possibly doing an Easter one next year which she'd qualify for so we'll see on that. Otherwise it'll be more hours at her current nursery or the local preschool. Not decided yet!

Good luck to all the other littlies who're starting or have started pre school.
    Xx
  • this is Amelia on her first day today. Her brothers also started back today at long last....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs643.snc4/60298_429957938715_568463715_5102451_370237_n.jpg

• oh wow they all look super cute!!!! i love amelias dress! phoebes school summer dresses are very similar but pre school dont have any thi8ng like that! mind you the weather has terned heer so its winter uniform all round!
    hope that she had a lovely first day at pre school. xxx
  • hmmmmmmmmmmmmm jury is out on this one.
    Its a bit delicate and i honestly hope no one reads this and gets offended....

i walked into the class and my heart fell. Only Amelia was of western descent. I WANT her to mix with all sorts of people. We do live abroad and I expect and encourage her to mix with people from all over the world. However, these were mostly 'local' or certainly Middle Eastern. Most the women were in Abajas and were chattering i Arabic. The school WAS reknowned for been mostly expats but so many new nurseries have opened that it is not the case anymore. The problem is that she will NOT go onto St Chris with any of these kids (you have to be English speaker to get in) also a lot of these kids come from rich families and are very spoilt. One girl grabbed a toy off her and a boy (who was with his nanny) pushed her over. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I am so upset. OH wants me to take her out. I will be calling them in the morning and asking if she can move next door as 3 of her little mates are in there. If not then she will either NOT go to a nursery or I will call round all the others and try to get a place.

Not a happy bunny at all

d xxx
  • Sam cant start pre school until september next year! but he is in nursery at the moment but its soo expensive its unreal.
    Dee i would definately voice any concerns you have
  • i thought long and hard about it and decided to leave things for now. Amelia was happy and I love the fact that kids don't look at the colour of your skin or care what religion you are.

Once Joseph was telling me a story about a boy in his class who had done something naughty. I was trying to work out who it was. I asked his name and he could not remember. After getting frustrated I asked what colour the boy was. Joseph said ... ' ermmm I think he had a blue top on...' I felt a prize prick for asking such a stupid Q..

dxx
  • i totaly understand what you were saying dee. i8 think that i would have been the same on first impressions. i am glad that ypu have decided to give it a go though, as you said kids dont care what colour or religion you are and will mostly just get on with every one. as long as she is happy that is all that matters.

hope that she is still gettuing on ok.
    freya cried for the first time this morning! image xxx
  • i totaly understand what you were saying dee. i8 think that i would have been the same on first impressions. i am glad that ypu have decided to give it a go though, as you said kids dont care what colour or religion you are and will mostly just get on with every one. as long as she is happy that is all that matters.

hope that she is still gettuing on ok.
    freya cried for the first time this morning! image xxx