Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

*Tentative good news*

Hi ladies

For those who don't know or remember me, I used to post a fair bit on the LTTTC and IVF forums. I took a break a few months ago, although I have lurked a bit to check up on how you are doing. Massive congratulations to all the BFPs in the meantime and for those of you still waiting I wish you all the best with your journeys. There are also a fair few new faces - part of me hated welcoming people to this part of the board, as it's so bittersweet. The support is amazing, but I wish everyone a very short stay here for all the right reasons.

Bit about me - I'm 36, MrD is 37. We started trying in April 2008, and managed to get PG in January 2009, which ended in early MC. We've been through the full round of tests, and been diagnosed with (mild) polycystic ovaries and less than perfect (slightly lazy/disorientated) sperm. We did four rounds of IUI in 2009, all of which ended in a BFN. At the start of this year, we did a cycle of IVF and had two embryos transferred, but that also ended in a BFN. That was the point when I decided to take a break from BE.

Fast forward to our second round of IVF in July/August. MrD and I are still in shock that when I POAS ten days ago we saw two fat pink lines. We're delighted, but terrified and petrified of something going wrong. We have a scan in ten days, when we'll find out what's going on in there.

I have to say that since joining BE over two years ago, this wasn't how I imagined doing my BFP announcement!!!! I'm so scared that by typing this I'll jinx it all (I know, LTTTC has robbed me of all logic!!).

All the best to everyone.
xxx

Replies

• Ahh MrsD... I remember you...!!

Thats absolutely fantastic news.... congrats to you and Mr D!!

Im thrilled for you both and wish u a happy and healthy nine months!! imageimage

XXXXX
  • Many congratulations! Fantastic news. x
  • well done.....hope all goes well.xx
  • Oh MrsD that is just BRILLIANT news!!! Congratulations!!
    Everything crossed that your scan shows that everything is fine and you can enjoy your pregnancy. Please come back and tell us-my FET 2ww hopefully will start today so I'll need someting/one else to think about!!!
    Really chuffed for you honey!!!
    Helen.xxx
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So excited to see your bfp announcement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huge huge CONGRATULATIONS again, you deserve this so much honey. feel like i've 'been with you' along the journey.

enjoy pg (as much as possible), it does fly by!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx
  • Been keeping an eye out for this annoucement... am so thrilled for you, Many many many congratulations... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • fantastic news honey! Really happy for you. Will keep an eye out for your good news after the scan. Xx
  • congratulations. After your journey you deserve it x
  • Brilliant news ....congratulations. x
  • YEYYY!!! Congratulations MrsD (& MrD!). You so deserve this good news, here's to a H&H 9 months xxx
  • Ah that's fantastic - congratulations! xx
  • Whoooop-a-di-whoooooop.

GREAT GREAT news honey, you so deserve this to go really smoothly from here. I just know it'll all be fine. Fingers crossed for you, MrD and the bean. WELL DONE. xx
  • Oh Mrs D - Congratulations hun!!!!

I am so chuffed to read this and really wish you a H&H 9 months and will be looking out for the results of your scan.

Take care and enjoy.

Much love

S x (not sure if you remember me but i def remember you:\))
  • Oh Mrs D - Congratulations hun!!!!

I am so chuffed to read this and really wish you a H&H 9 months and will be looking out for the results of your scan.

Take care and enjoy.

Much love

S x (not sure if you remember me but i def remember you:\))
  • Oh my. I got really teary reading all your lovely messages. Thank you very, very much for all the best wishes.

Still sitting tight and hoping and praying things are doing what they are supposed to in there.

MrsD
    xxx
  • Brilliant news you deserve it, try not to stress to much and enjoy it, all the best for your scan
    Rhian x
  • Quick update from me... Scan this morning went very well. We're expecting twins!! Saw two strong heartbeats and was told all the nausea and tiredness is a great sign.

We're pretty blown away by it all, but thrilled and delighted.

xxx
  • Oh MrsD thats fantastic!! Double congratulations!!!
    H.xxx
  • That is fabulous news - well done x
  • OMG twins, thats fab news. Wow bet you cant wait now. Huge congrats hun. xxx