Forum home Babies Baby

Teething and other problems that go with it?? Worried.

Hi my little Girl is 14 weeks old. She has been teething for awhile now, say 3 weeks and i can feel a tooth coming through, very sharp. The thing is, she has a snotty cold, appears to be getting a sore bum, and has slept loads today, where normally she will only have naps. She is very cranky too.

She has had her bottles as normal but has being sick after everyone, dribble sick if that makes sense, not sick everywhere. Is all these symptoms part and parcel of the teething?? xx

Replies

• All sounds entirely like a teething baby. Excess saliva from teething is swallowed and makes wee/poo very acidic which can cause the sore bum. INvest in a good barrier cream, Metanium is good, and that should clear up. The sleeping is common, too. Wouldn't you want to sleep if you had a tooth or head ache?

If she's snotty she may have picked up a mild cold too, but none of it is anything to worry about.

Plenty of TLC, Calpol when you think it's appropriate, maybe some teething granules or ashton and parsons. She's fine, promise.
  • i found anbesol liquid was a god send for my boy, its about ??4 in boots, just put it on your finger and rub on baby's gums, teething gels were rubbish for him xx
  • All sounds entirely like a teething baby. Excess saliva from teething is swallowed and makes wee/poo very acidic which can cause the sore bum. INvest in a good barrier cream, Metanium is good, and that should clear up. The sleeping is common, too. Wouldn't you want to sleep if you had a tooth or head ache?

If she's snotty she may have picked up a mild cold too, but none of it is anything to worry about.

Plenty of TLC, Calpol when you think it's appropriate, maybe some teething granules or ashton and parsons. She's fine, promise.

Thank you. As you can see from my profile name, i am a very paranoid mum. I have a 7 year old so my little girl is like having my first baby. Thanks again. xx