Forum home Babies Baby

do u think 11 mths old

is too young to take abroad

its ny 30th next year and my hubby wanted to take me away for a long weekend but i would rather us go for a week as a familoy with jacobs grandparents

has anyone taken an 11mth old

Replies

• no not at all, we took ds to belgium to see the inlaws at 10.5months, he settled easily, slept for most of the journey which i think would be harder when they're older, but not so young that u have to take evrything onc the kitchen sink and can sake their routine up a little. we went for a week, it was a tiring week but he loved it. was 1hour in the car, then 2.5hours on the boat, then 5 hours in the car (we did stop though) on the way there, and then the reverse to get back. so a fair amount of travelling but he took it all in his stride. xx
  • Were takin Dee away next month stopping at a few european cities, he will turn 11 months towards the end of the holiday. Were not flying but sriving and doing it in short bursts but I know people who have flown with babies much younger than 11 months, a family holiday sounds like a lovelyu idea

xxx
  • Hi, we took ds2 to Spain when he was 10.5mths old and he was a dream. But then he was a very good baby anyway. Plane journey was fine, and the holiday was fab. He slept beautifully in his travel cot. I did have to either watch him, or make sure someone was watching him the whole time though, as he was at the 'crawling really fast' stage and there were stone steps and a swimming pool too look out for!

But if you don't feel up to it, then I'd say it's your birthday so its up to you lol!

• i'm taking my baby to Australia when she will be 9 months old...i figured the flight will easier than when she can walk and wants to run around the aisles!!!
  • I took my ds to Portugal at 5 months and it was hard work. I was still bf'g and its really different to going away as a couple as I always had to keep my eye on him (obviously!) rather than sunbathe or swim etc. However it hasn't put me off and I'm taking my ds to Florida next month when he'll be 8 months!! Go for it!! image

• I am taking my lo to turkey next month and he will be 7 months x
  • I took LO away at 5 months. Not quite the relaxing by the pool holiday we'd had in years gone by but a completely different type of fun. Would be taking him away next week again if hubby would let me!
  • I took LO away at 5 months. Not quite the relaxing by the pool holiday we'd had in years gone by but a completely different type of fun. Would be taking him away next week again if hubby would let me!