Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Feb 2010

Do you limit naps?

Hi

Just being nosey really! :lol:

I know some baby experts recommend limiting the amount of time babies sleep, especially in the morning, whereas others say the more sleep the better!

I pretty much let Adam sleep as long as he wants at nap times - I only wake him up if we are going out (and only then if it's something that can't be cancelled like a Drs appointment). He has never napped longer than 1.5 hours at a time though. Our only 'rule' was no sleeping after 5pm, but now Adam has dropped his late afternoon nap, this isn't an issue anymore.

What do you all do?

xx

Replies

• i let noo wake up by herself, she has a nap in the morning varies from 1/2hr to 1hr i never wake her in the afternoon she normally naps about 2ish with her bottle and i alwyas wake her at 3.30 if shes still sleeping i never let her sleep after 3.30pm that way she settles easier at night time. xxx
  • i let my boys nap as long as it aint longer than 3hrs n make sure they hav no naps after 4pm. 1ce thier sis r bac hom from school they r very well entertained until every1's off to bed at 8pm.
  • I do pretty much the same as the others. Emily has her sleepy days though where she will have three 1hr naps and then other days where i am lucky if she sleeps for 30 mins in a day!

Lx
  • In a word no. I don't limit any naps and he sleeps whenever he wants, he had a nap from 5.30 until 6.15pm the other day. He just went to bed a bit later but he was in bed asleep by half 8. Normally he has a long nap late morning then a slightly shorter one mid afternoon waking by about 4 then he is in bed asleep at 7 and sleeps until between 7 and 8am. He fell into this pattern himself so I have never had the need to limit his sleep.
  • i dont limit naps , if she needs 1 she has 1, but ds is pretty much in her own lil routien, she has a a nap around 10 am , another around 2 then shes awake then till 7 ish bath bottle bed but if she needs wants another in between i leave her to it . xx
  • i dont limit naps , if she needs 1 she has 1, but ds is pretty much in her own lil routien, she has a a nap around 10 am , another around 2 then shes awake then till 7 ish bath bottle bed but if she needs wants another in between i leave her to it . xx
  • I do but dont need2. Alex has an hour or so in the morning (ill let him have up to 2hours) and then an hour or so in the afternoon (up to 2 hours) Then he goes up about 6:45 untill 7am.
  • Sam sleeps for about half hour in the mid morning and for anything up to 2 hours in the afternoon. Trouble is he's still waking up every 2 hours through the night. Is this happening with anyone else? I am still breastfeeding and he has 3 solid meals a day (with breast feeding after each one). i bf at bedtime, again at midnight. he wakes at 2 and i try and settle him without feeding him until 4am. sometimes (like last night) that means i am up with him between 2 and 4 trying to settle him. at 4 i'll feed him again and he'll be asleep within a couple of minutes of latching on so its not like he's hungry or anything. then he's up again at some point between 5am and 6am so i take him into bed with me and give him constant access to my boob so i can get some sleep. night times are a total nightmare and after 7 months of not getting more than about 2 and a half hours solid sleep in one go i think i am about to have a breakdown, destroy my marriage or get sectioned... image