Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2010

It's official...I hate her

My bloody MIL!!!!!!!!

So we went back to paeds last week after nearly 2 weeks on an increased dose of ranitidine and feeding just getting worse to the extent that L actually refused all feeds from Tuesday and Wednesday. Long story short...we are currently weaning him onto Nutrimagen...it's tough as it stinks and he is still averse to the bottle by association with EBM I think. So we're trying to use the sns to ease he transition, and he actually took about 20oz yesterday which I think is good progress.

PILs came Saturday to Monday and I overheard a conversation between them with the following delightful content:

"We should have known that even if he was on formula we'd never get a look in on feeding him, she'll always find a way to keep him to herself"! She knows how much this is killing me after all I went through! I just can't believe she thinks I'M the selfish one!!!

On top of that we have (we thought very maturely) decided not to have L baptised as neither of us actually believes and it would be unfair of us to go to church until after the christening as PIL will still go when they stay and may be frowned upon if we stop. We are planning to go ahead with a Naming Ceremony though to celebrate his arrival and publically share our love for him and our promises to give him the very best. Her thoughts...is that not something best left for his 1st birthday...people won't like having to buy Christening, Christmas and birthday within 6 months. Yeah...cos that's why we're doing it! And funny how it was fine when he was going to ba a respectable Catholic!!!!

Then she decides to offer their services for my first 2 weeks back to work. They can come look after Lucas from Tues to Thurs for 2 weeks to "ease the transition". Erm...how does that help me get Lucas into the routine with his childminder? So...I'll slowly build him up to 3 days a week with her then you'll look after him for 2 weeks and totally confuse matters..yeah great plan!

Just when I thought my inlaws couldn't get worse! I never knew I could dislike someone so much!

Replies

• Awwww didn't want to r&r, but I know how u feel. Do u see her often? I just don't understand why ppl can't let other ppl live & do what they want with their lives. Just keep taking deep breaths.

Jxx
  • Do we have the same MIL? lol
    Since my rant about mine the other day and a few text messages that have been exchanged, neither MIL or FIL are talking to me or DH and like your MIL they think we are being selfish!
    I often wonder why they do and say such stupid, unhelpful and hurtful things. They were in our shoes once- CAN THEY NOT REMEMBER!!!!
    I'm starting to think that when a Daughter In Law and her parnter annouces they are having a baby, MIL's have to attend a training course named "How to P*ss Off and Irritate You DIL"!!!
    I know its hard but keep your chin up hun! As for the BF/FF comment she made, I would have gone mad at her! You tried very very hard to BF and she should understand that and be proud of you for giving her grandson the best start in life. Even though you have to switch, feeding time is still your special time with him. I don't like people feeding my LO just because I FF, as this is my time with her! You know what it best for your LO!

Kim x
  • Um - all she went through? With what? You're the ones who have struggled with Lucas' reflux issues! She can piss right off.

There's a tenth circle of hell for fuckwitted MIL's. OUrs will keep each other cosy there when they die. Please let that be soon.

[Modified by: Maenad on September 17, 2010 10:17 PM]

• Amen to that Beth!
  • There's a tenth circle of hell for fuckwitted MIL's. OUrs will keep each other cosy there when they die. Please let that be soon.

:lol::lol:

• There's a tenth circle of hell for fuckwitted MIL's. OUrs will keep each other cosy there when they die. Please let that be soon.

lol, just read that and nearly pee'd my pants.

:lol: