Forum home Babies Baby

swimming what to wear?

Hi i'm thinking about taking LO swimming, he is 2 months old and was just wondering what they're supposed to wear. I know he needs to wear a swimming nappy but should he be wearing any sort of swimming suit? what age did you take your little ones swimming? did they wear anything other than a nappy?

Replies

• Haven't taken lo swimming yet. But as well as the swim nappy you can put little trunks on him. Or there are little wetsuits, very cute. xx
  • We have just been swimming today, He just wore a swimming nappy. But just make sure the pool is nice and warm! And keep a towel close by for when they get out.x
  • We started off with a wetsuit over top of his nappy, but after the first time we bought him some trunks, the wetsuits are so fiddly getting on a wet wriggly baby and ever harder to get off of him x

Hope you have fun, DS loves going swimming x

Kelly x
  • We started off with a wetsuit over top of his nappy, but after the first time we bought him some trunks, the wetsuits are so fiddly getting on a wet wriggly baby and ever harder to get off of him x

Hope you have fun, DS loves going swimming x

Kelly x
  • I use a wetsuit over a nappy for my dd and i've never had any probs getting it on or off, it's just starting to get a bit tighter but i have found it great image If you are using a swimming pool aimed at babies then the temp should be warm enough for just a swim nappy and trunks, however if you are using an adult pool then a wetsuit would be best image I got dd's from here:

http://www.mikes-diving.co.uk/two-bare-feet---baby-neoprene-wetsuits-sunsuits---age-0-mths-to-4yrs---633-p.asp

Have fun! image x
  • We use a wet suit and I love it so cute! And I feel better that if he was to have an 'accident' then he has a second layer for containment! Never had a problem getting on or off either, he's never been bothered by the temp of the water so it must do some good image

good luck!! We go every week now and he loves it...kicks his little legs and splashes his arms lauging image

xx
  • We wear a neoprene wrap that keeps his core nice and warm. We use a bambino reusable nappy underneath rather than disposables and I really can't recommend it enough! Got it for only ??6 and can obviously use it over and over. xx
  • it depends on the pool. the pool we go to is warm, as it's especially built for little chioldren. babies have to double up with nappies so thye wear a swimming nappy and a splash about nappy on top. no costume required.

http://www.borntotoddle.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/n/a/navy-white-set---med_1_2.jpg

• ooops sorry about that
  • actual size ;\)
  • my lo wears a huggies swim nappy and then mothercare bermuda shorts that have a swim nappy inbuilt. He looks so cute and doesn't seem to get cold. He loves swimming and has been going since he was 9 weeks in that get up.
  • DS has huggies little swimmers then a splash about nappy.. even though he goes in the kiddies pool he gets cold quickly so thinking we'll get him a splash about wrap around too as he loves going swimming x