Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cradle cap?

Dylan is 12 weeks and has alot of hair. I have just noticed he has a lot of cradle cap. Anyone got any tips on how to get rid of it?xxxx

Replies

• olive/sunflower oil, works wonders!!! just massage a little bit in and then when he has his bath just rinse it out, only had to use it a couple of times with ds and it never came back xx
  • I used every shampoo going for cradle cap on my twins 4 years ago but nothing worked. I then used olive oil which I rubbed on to their heads and left it for half an hour before washing it off. After a few times it completley went and never came back.
  • my son had it terribly at about 10 weeks old, i also used olive oil, massages it in and left it on over night, it did take a while to get rid of completely but it loosened the cradel cap a bit at a time, and also massaging in vaseline worked really well for the very stubborn bits.

ashy x
  • I used Olive Oil when Kara was smaller and left it on overnight. It worked great and I was able to remove it easie the next day. It did take a few times though before it worked.
  • Yup, definately olive oil, leave it to soften and then comb it through with a fine tooth comb.
  • Hi - I'll be the odd one out and say that Dentinox worked for us. We used it every night for about two weeks - took a while to see a difference but then it started drying up and flaking off (with a bit of help from me, naughty mummy!). Once it was gone it never came back.

C image