Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

BFP for xmas, all welcome, part two

thought it was time for another thread ladies. xxx

Replies

• When you get your BFP.How would you tell your parents and in-laws you are pregnant?

We have decided that we will make a card with 4 pics on the front, one of me and OH on our wedding day, one of our daughter, one of our son and one of the 12 week scan and on the front write 'and baby makes 5'

then inside: We just thought we would pop by and say
    There is another A******** on the way
    YAY!!!
    Baby Rainbow due **/**/**

but, saying that my friend has just told her parents she is expecting her 3rd by wearing a t-shirt saying 'bump on board' and her little one wearing a t-shirt saying 'I am going to be a big sister AGAIN'

I thought this was quite cute
  • Hi ladies, I thought I'd join you all on here. I'm a newbie, me and OH are just starting to try. Came off my pill last monday and having my withdrawl now (sorry tmi). Had really bad cramps since Tuesday, then bleed started on Thur but then overnight its changed and gone really heavy, is this normal?

Good luck to all you ladies who are hoping for a BFP! xx
  • hi love i am with you on this, me and huband been trying for 8 months now, and i need a BFP for Xmas, as i am a bridesmaid on december 2011 so want to have a baby before then we hope, if not will have to wait till after which i dont want to do, how long you been ttc??

lets hope we get out BFP very soon.

Pink H
  • I had a late night so feeling bit rough today, hardly drank but just feel tired as was stood about chatting for hours!
    Normally I get a fuzzy head a day or so before af but nothing yet..although could be due tomoz or tues.
    I'm petrified of testing! I'm just sat about today expecting af signs to start at any time!?!

How is everyone else doing?

Ps. Went to wilkinsons yest and they had ov tests...anyone used them?! X
  • hi ladies wow this thread has been moving quickly, i was on the first one and i think this is now the 4th as it's got so big image)

Torch 2010 - that is such a sweet idea of telling parents/in-laws

Flamingobaby - FC for you and lots of baby dust for when you decide to test

i'm in limbo at the moment as i think my body is playing tricks on me. i came off the pill at the beginning of July just before we got married and had my normal withdrawal bleed and then my first cycle was 50 days!! have no idea what length my cyle is going to be this month but from about CD28 i have had very mild cramps, very slight sickly feeling (not sure if this is because i appear to have lost my appetite abit) and am extremeley tired to the extent i had friday off cos i was feeling drained and slept ALL day!! tested on CD31 and it was a BFN, now on CD34 and just at wits end. not sure if everything i've been feeling is AF symptoms or what!? would just wish if she's coming she would hurry up and come so atleast my cycles are getting shorter.... will be thinking twice about going back on the pill next time i think if this is what it does to my body!! :roll:

Baby dust to all xxx

[Modified by: NowTrying on September 19, 2010 12:26 PM]

• Well done Kels!! How is your Sunday going?

Hubby and I popped to ikea and miraculously managed to avoid the baby section. Am quite chuffed with myself! After days of creamy CM, suddenly it has vanished! That accompanied by sore (.y.) and a spot breakout...bit of a sink in optimism. Still got my PMA, but am thinking it might be more realistic to expect AF soon.

Nowtrying - hope it turns out to be a BFP and not AF!

Cupcake cutie - welcome.

PinkH - here's to BFPs pronto!!

Flamingobaby - when is AF due? Wednesday? When will you test? The wait is agonising.

Torch - I have no idea how I would tell them, I often worry about this!!
  • Well done Kels!! How is your Sunday going?

Hubby and I popped to ikea and miraculously managed to avoid the baby section. Am quite chuffed with myself! After days of creamy CM, suddenly it has vanished! That accompanied by sore (.y.) and a spot breakout...bit of a sink in optimism. Still got my PMA, but am thinking it might be more realistic to expect AF soon.

Nowtrying - hope it turns out to be a BFP and not AF!

Cupcake cutie - welcome.

PinkH - here's to BFPs pronto!!

Flamingobaby - when is AF due? Wednesday? When will you test? The wait is agonising.

Torch - I have no idea how I would tell them, I often worry about this!!

AF due mon/tues... i dont feel like its coming but i just dont know.. i DONT have sore boobs and i normally do just before af.. the gloopy cm has faded but im quite wet?! tmi sorry. I just watched that BBC3 Cherry has a baby thing.. now im sat here in tears! idiot! lol.

This is only month 3 but if AF comes im gonna go to docs, prob just for some advice, because i just get so paranoid there something wrong and ill never see that BFP? Anyway PMA for now.. i REALLY hope we are get bfps soon as we would all be such great mums. :\) x
  • So I tested again this afternoon *whispers - I got a clear bfp* eek!!!

I'm still a bit all over the place, REALLY wasnt expecting it and had convinced myself it was going to take months but at 11dpo and month 1 of ttc we've done it... really scared now tho from reading all the people on here that have lost their beans :\( I really hope it stays well and trully planted

OMG!!!! xxx
  • Hi Girls!

NowTrying I'm in exactly the same boat as you. Had my first bleed 16th August after stopping the pill which lasted 6 days. I'm now on CD34 and nothing - 2 BFNs and no AF to be seen. It's so frustrating and next time (after I get my BFP which WILL HAPPEN SOON!) I will not being going back on the pill. Either the coil or use condoms or just have sex anyway as clearly it's not that easy getting pregnant!!

Torch I spent an afternoon last week looking at You Tube clips of people surprising others about their pregnancy. I cried all afternoon! If you're prepared to cry then search something like "pregnancy surprise" there are some great ones. There's one of a best friend who'd been away for months and the woman was ready to pop and he didn't know. They recorded his face as he came over just to say hi and she stood up with this HUGE bump!

If I get pregnant in October then 12 weeks will be right around xmas so I'm going to give everyone cards like "to Grandma" and "to Uncle" as it will be the first baby in the family and sign it from "the bump" lol
  • Babybilly - major congratulations!!! How exciting! Lucky you catching so soon. Try not to worry about mc, just relax and enjoy it. I'm sure it will be a super sticky bean. H&H 9 months. Good luck to you and your bump!! X
  • Babybilly, congrats hunni so pleased for u image

Cupcake cutiepie welcome to the thread image

Mrseh how did u manage to avoid the baby aisle? Lol. My Sunday been ok ta had a nap ready for my night shift and also managed a spot of bd'ing image have a funny feeling I'm gonna get a peak tomorrow, opk was pos today xxx
  • Hello to the newbies nice to have some new faces that are just as bad as the rest of up!

Baby Billy, massive congratulations on yr bfp you must be totally shocked! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Had a great time with the niece and nephew, nephew is 3 and had a brain tumour that was removed in April and has had chemotherapy and radiotherapy and now is about to have 2 more high doses of chemo before xmas so all time with him is precious when he is well.

Hubby is grumpy tonight for some reason so not sure if he wants bd tonight, hopefully I can persuade him as af has left the building!

We can't decide whether we would tell family right away or wait for scan. I think if I stopped drinking most would guess anyway, not that I drink a lot, only a couple of times a month but I love my vodka!
  • chic - so sorry to hear ur nephew is so poorly image but glad u had a great afternoon with him.

tomhann - im defo not going back on the pill for the same reason, must be so hard not knowing where ur at, at the mo image what were ur cycles like before going on the pill? ive gone back to my 35day ones.

not sure how we r gonna tell the family but only telling parents and siblings before the 12 week scan image unless of course i get an obvious bump or need to keep running to the loo with sickness. lol xx
  • Hi Kels

I have been on the pill for 8 years but they were 29 days more or less before that - I want it back!! x
  • Aw Chic, best wishes to your nephew and family. I think serious illness in children is one of the cruelest things in the world. I have a pupil who's little brother has leukaemia and it is devestating. Hope his next batch of therapy does it's job.

Also hope your hubby gets in the mood lol!

Kels - positive OPK is fab.. I had my peak the day after a +ve OPK. FC it happens pronto. Well done for getting the BDing in.

Tomhann - sorry you are suffering the post pill blues. I can't believe how badly it messes up your body. I'm sure wasn't made aware of that when I started it.

I have lost all of my PMA - every bit : (. Have been having AF like cramps all afternoon/evening. I'm only 7/8 DPO so will be absolutely gutted if AF arrives. However, i'm CD31 (average cycle 32 days according to period tracker). Not feeling an ounce of optimism. Am now wondering if I have always had a short LP? The only other month I have properly used OPKs I OVd CD19 and AF turned up 14 days later, so assumed all was ok. Obviously last month I had a real issue but thought maybe I had missed OV and picking up a 2nd surge in LH. So confused now. Am going to worry sick from now on in case AF appears... Boo boo boo! Have put ??????30 into my pot to pay for my bad mood but that is prob the tip of the iceberg!! Lol.

• Awh mrseh image sending u big hugs babe it's not over yet, plenty of ladies on here get af type cramps and end with bfp image

If I peak tomorrow will have to bd ties when hubs is in middle of his nights, please egg hold off till wed. Never thought I'd say that. Lol xx
  • Aw Chic, best wishes to your nephew and family. I think serious illness in children is one of the cruelest things in the world. I have a pupil who's little brother has leukaemia and it is devestating. Hope his next batch of therapy does it's job.

Also hope your hubby gets in the mood lol!

Kels - positive OPK is fab.. I had my peak the day after a +ve OPK. FC it happens pronto. Well done for getting the BDing in.

Tomhann - sorry you are suffering the post pill blues. I can't believe how badly it messes up your body. I'm sure wasn't made aware of that when I started it.

I have lost all of my PMA - every bit : (. Have been having AF like cramps all afternoon/evening. I'm only 7/8 DPO so will be absolutely gutted if AF arrives. However, i'm CD31 (average cycle 32 days according to period tracker). Not feeling an ounce of optimism. Am now wondering if I have always had a short LP? The only other month I have properly used OPKs I OVd CD19 and AF turned up 14 days later, so assumed all was ok. Obviously last month I had a real issue but thought maybe I had missed OV and picking up a 2nd surge in LH. So confused now. Am going to worry sick from now on in case AF appears... Boo boo boo! Have put ??????30 into my pot to pay for my bad mood but that is prob the tip of the iceberg!! Lol.

Chin up MrsEH you never know! Everyone seems to get cramps with bfps so don't assume af will arrive. My fingers are crossed for you! X
  • Thanks ladies, you're lovely! Trying to look on the positive side. FC temps are nice and high tomorrow. Hope you two are both ok. X
  • Thank you so much ladies for
    your congrats and support =] I still can't quite believe it. I totally had this awesome plan of how I was going to tell hubby but that so went out the window lol, all I could do was stand there shaking with the pg test in my hand, couldn't speak lol I truly wasn't expecting it to happen this quick!

Mrseh I really hope I see you very soon in DIM ill be keeping my fingers crossed and I hope the rest of you ladies won't be too far behind either =D

**Baby dust to you all** xxx
  • Congratulations BabyBilly!

Mrs EH, so sorry you're feeling rubbish. Sooo many ladies say they felt like AF was coming and were getting AF cramps before a BFP, hope thats what it is for you! And don't want to get your hopes up, but 1 temp dip could be implantation...

Kels, yay on the +ve OPK. Hope its a long surge and you don't get you're peak until Wednesday.

Chic, sorry to hear about your nephew. I've only had to deal with this sort of thing with adults and thats hard enough, i hope the next round of treatments makes him better.

welcome to all the newbies, hope you're stays here are short ones.

We would only tell parents before scan, and that wouldn't be until about 8-10 weeks. We work with family so it would be hard telling them and the rest of the staff not finding out. I know someone who did the christmas cards to grandma, uncle etc, thought it was really sweeet.

Nothing much to report from my end, went to our nieces birthday party yesterday, it was exhausting and we hardly had to do anything. Think AF will be coming this week, not too upset about it, explained to hubby that we timed it wrong, but i don't think he really understood.

babydust
    xxx.