Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

contraception

I fell pg with Emily in between trying a new pill as the hormones seem to send my body haywire so dont want to go bk to all that. OH not keen on the idea of a coil so I was thinking about getting the implant?

What are you ladies doing about contraception?

Elaine & Emily
xxx

Replies

• We are naughty and dont use any!!!!!

hubby wont wear a condom and i dont want to go on the pill or anything as i never remember to take, sorry if tmi but we just use the withdrawal method and avoid sex when i am ovulating, worked for us for 7 years........not that i am reccomending you do the same lol

• ooh you are brave.

been there, dont that .....fell pg with DS3! I dont want 5 babies!!!!! hehe, thanks hun xxx
  • My doctor gave me the mini pill which I haven't started yet since I still haven't had a period but before we decided to try for a baby, I was on the injection and I loved it, just get it every 3 months and no bleeds, it took my body a little while to get used to it but it was fantastic after and when I stopped, I fell pregnant really quickly so no issues with fertility either x
  • hey i have just had a copper coil fitted because hormones dont agree with me so apart from being sterilised this was my last option i cant even tell its been done now

[Modified by: CakeFaceX on September 18, 2010 02:35 PM]

• im going to get the implant - if i ever get around to making an appointment!

i was totally against going back to a hormone based contraceptive but the idea of getting pregnant again right now horrifies me! :lol:
  • Im back on the pill. I had the implant but I had some problems on it with constant bleeding. Hope you find something that suits......probably a totally useless and unhelpfyul post xxx
  • i've also got copper coil as falling pregnant again isnt an option for us for a few years!
  • Ive been given the mini pill but havent bothered to take it yet as still not feeling like having sex! I havent had a period again yet. x
  • oh we never used to use any either lol! I can't believe in 8 years of being together dylan is our 1st baby! We are now using condoms, as my husband now likes to refer to them as tokens lol! x
  • I'm back on the mini-pill as was taken off the hormone based pill a few years ago due to high blood pressure. Was on the mini-pill for about 3 years before coming off to try for a baby and it always worked well for me. I just leave them in a place that makes me think about it at around the same time every day, like by my toothbush or my alarm clock. Hope you find something that works for you! x
  • I'm on the pill.
    My doctor kept saying "oh, you'll want the implant or the coil as I'm sure you won't want another baby for a while!" (I didn't take this offensively as I'm quite young and I fell pg by accident) But I was just thinking "screw you, I already want another!" :P
    xxx
  • I'm on the mini pill and i put the packet on top of the sterliser every night so in the morn ing when i'm sorting the bottles i remember to take it. I'm also very worried about getting pg again as don't want another for about 3 years.

We also haven't had sex yet as wasn't feeling quite right still XX
  • I'm on the mini pill and i put the packet on top of the sterliser every night so in the morn ing when i'm sorting the bottles i remember to take it. I'm also very worried about getting pg again as don't want another for about 3 years.

We also haven't had sex yet as wasn't feeling quite right still XX
  • Hmmm I can't decide either. TBH none of the options really appeal but I really don't want to get pg again for some time!! Think I'll probably end up going for the mini pill, the Dr keeps recommending it to me...!!
  • Another for the mini-pill as I'm breastfeeding too, I've tried all sorts of contraceptives, been with hubby for 8 and a half years! The mirena gave ovarian cysts, one was 7cm but they went on their own, never having that again! We used the natural method for over a year, we hated condoms and were often a bit naughty with not using them. We want to try again around xmas next year so will probably come off the pill and start taking folic acid around August / september (yaaay!) XXX
  • I'm still not using anything other than condoms which neither of us really like. Was on the pill but it killed my sex drive and i gained weight but none of the options really appeal! Would like to be trying for no 2 this time next year and at this rate will never get anything sorted by then! xx
  • i have the copper coil, as the pill is pretty rubbish for me. I had the implant before but hated it.

I liked the idea of the copper coil cos its not hormonal and mybody can be quite funny with hormones added and being on anti-ds I didnt want to mix things. I have had it in 3 weeks now and I will be honest it was really uncomfortable being fitted and i am still bleeding but doctor said all this was normal and to be expected.

I am definately not having anymore so was also perfect cos it lasts 10 years xx