Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

how long can your lo stay awake in the day

hi ladies just wondering really , harrison can still only stay awake about an hour and a half before getting tired and needing a nap , is this usual for a 14 week old or do i have a lazy munchkin ? Xx

Replies

• hey,

all babies are different,...does he sleep at night? Megans doing 12-13hours (occasionally broken sleep espec with ger mouth hurting her now but doesnt need a feed and will go back to sleep at least at the minute anyway) she was never keen on naps during the day but since we dropped to 4 bottles she is now in more of a routine but its only been in the last few weeks she has started to nap more (she will be 14 weeks on thursday) anyway she now takes a morning nap about 45mins 1hr half to 2hrs after getting up (vaies slightly when we are out as some of our baby groups class with this so she will only have a short nap in the car on the way there and back and doesnt always make up the missed nap times) she is then awake 3 or 4 hours before having a half hour and then another couple of hours and she will have a 20min nap or so in the evening (bath at 7.30pm feed then down to bed at 8.30ish) so she is variable...

Lx
  • thanks lauz he does sleep from 7 til 7 but have to do a feed about 1030 or he wont sleep through ! Like you say they are all different and i think his gums arent helpingn either ! Xx
  • hi, Rebecca's 16 weeks tomorrow and she's similar to Harrison. She just has a few 40 mins naps during the day so she starts getting sleepy after 1.5 - 2 hours. However, if we have a busier day and go to a few baby groups she tends to just nap in the car and then stay awake a bit longer.
  • My dd is 11 weeks and is awake for about 1.5-2 hours at at time during the day, then will sleep for about half an hour. She sleeps 10-7.30 ish overnight.
    I seem to remember my son doing the same at this age, in fact I think he was only awake a couple of hours at a time until about 5 months.
  • Anywhere from 115 to 2 hours... Which if youre still following baby whisperer is about right x