Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in June 2010

KIT days........anyone doing these?

hi girls.....
in my contract it says i should be offered these but not sure when?neve is nearly 14 weeks old now.
Im furious with my work......i have been there for 9 years and not heard anything from anyone since having Neve........no pressie,collection or card......not even a bloody phone call from anyone to congratulate us on neves arrival,havent heard anything at all from my boss or care team manager,regarding anything...or kit days..which i quite fancied doing if i can get childcare.
should they by law be keeping in touch(lol) with me through my maternity leave?

im not looking to go back there anyway,and will be handing my notice in in february,but the extra money would have come in handy!!

xxxx :x

Replies

• I've used 2 of mine, but I just went in for training for an hour and a half. I'm also going in at the end of october for a whole day but my head teacher said I could get dh to take Callum in for a feed (i don't express after getting mastitis after pumping) I've been in to work quite a lot though, as I get on really well with my colleagues and as its a school its easy to nip in x
  • I've had one, but also had to sign a consent form to say they could contact me. I'm very lucky that my work are fab, i got presents when i left, presents when harry arrived, and have met people for lunch & been invited to team bbq's etc. I know i'm really lucky-especially as i have to go back.
  • I've had one, but also had to sign a consent form to say they could contact me. I'm very lucky that my work are fab, i got presents when i left, presents when harry arrived, and have met people for lunch & been invited to team bbq's etc. I know i'm really lucky-especially as i have to go back.
  • They shouldn't be 'hassling' you while you're on maternity leave, but also you should not be discriminated against for being off - so if there are things you need to know about, changes etc, they should let you know.
    There is no legal entitlement to KIT days, you do not have to do them and the employer does not have to offer them - but not sure where you stand if it is in your contract that you will get them.
  • I was going to do one or two but seeing as the train fare is ??15 per day and they don't add extra days on your maternity leave I thought sod that! I'd have to bring William with me so he can have his boob!