Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

6 weeks old

hello ladies, now our LO's are getting a bit older thought i would start a thread\about how we are all getting on.

weight
milly was 6lbs 14oz born she is now 10lbs 2oz

feeding
I am formula feeding, she has aptimal comfort as she was suffering with colic, she has 6 feeds of 120ml a day and lasts between 6 and 7 hrs at night

Sleeping
milly sleeps downstairs in the day in her rocker and at night in her moses basket in her nursery, we put her in her own room at one week old i take her up and put her down about tenish she then wakes once for a feedand has started lasting longer and longer she went almost 7hrs last night

Clothes
she has grown out of her newborn sleepsuits now and is wearing sleepsuits for up to one month but she can still fit in her newborn clothes which i only put her in when we go out! the rest of the time she wears sleepsuits

Develpment
Milly smiled for the first time at five weeks and has started to make cooing noises over the past week, she can now hold her head up for between 5 and 10 seconds.

problems
We have had problems with colic so now using special comfort food, anti colic drops and anti colic bottles, plus grie water when we need it.
She is suffering a lot with cradle cap so im using olive oil and gently brushing her hair then using dentinox shampoo x

[Modified by: jodylouise on 08 December 2010 14:28:45 ]

Replies

• Oh what a good idea image

weight
    Luke was 8lb 2oz born @ 39 weeks. He is 7 weeks old tomorrow not sure of weight today, but last thurs @ 6 week check up he was 11lb 11oz.

Feeding
    we tried combination feeding didnt work out so exclusively formula feeding now Cow & Gate Comfort with infacol, tried Aptimil but was very unsettled on it for 2 nights, so swapped & never looked back. He takes usually 5oz usually every 4 hours, though could be 4 or 6oz! & maybe starving after 3&1/2 hours! We feed on demand do not make him wait. Nights are different each day, could go anywhere between 4 & 6 hours.

Sleeping
    we used to bring his moses basket up to the sitting room during the day but now as he's awake for longer, he sleeps in his pram in the kitchen. Does not really like his rocker, pity DD used to LOVE it!! Also recently changed from blankets to Grobags which are fab he loves them & sleeps really well & soundly in them.

Clothes
    I never bought any newborn & he is barely fitting into his 0-3 sleepsuits have to pull them when i iron them to stretch them a bit lol!! Mainly wears sleepsuits, but if the mood takes me i'll put him in trackie bottoms & tops.

Development
    Luke is a grumpy bum & has only smiled at me properly once which was last wednesday (day before 6 weeks!) he normally scowls at us!! He is a terror for grunting, groaning & growling for no reason! he is SOOOO loud every1 comments on it! He loves his bath though, never scowls in there! He's very alert follows me with his eyes, quite strong lifts his head & upper body if he wants to get up from lying down on his mat, or if he's lying on my chest shoulder & wants to look around he will do it.

Problems
    Zero! he is a dream baby if i had to picky he can ages to drift off to sleep, drops his dody about 100 times & has to be lifted loads to get rid of little tiny burps, he seems to hold onto wind until its bedtime image

• weight
    Daniel was 6lb 11.5 oz when born at 36 weeks. Now weighing 11lb 1oz
    image at 6 weeks

feeding
    I am formula feeding, he was on cow and gate but hv has said to switch to c&g comfort as he is sickly and windy.
    He has 5oz-6oz 6 times a day. He is a hungry boy.

Sleeping
    Daniel sleeps down stairs in the day either on me or in his moses. Trying not to give him so much milk in the day so i cuddle him as he just wants comfort. I get hubs to take moses up stairs at night and feed him and cuddle till drowsy after feeding and carry him up around 9pm sleeps till 1am ish.

Clothes
    he has grown out of his newborn sleepsuits. Putting him n 0-3 now.

Develpment
    He has started to smile slightly and look around and coo at things. He loves attention. He holds his head up if hes put on his belly or on his chest when hes being cuddled so he can be noisey. He is very alert and hates being changed and being bathed.

problems
    Jaundice in beginning and bit low in iron but should resolve itself. Worried bout over feeding and the sickness. But doc and hv say hes just a big boy and give him what he needs.

[Modified by: Care_bear on December 08, 2010 03:51 PM]

• weight
    imogen was 6lbs 6 and is now 9lbs 9!

feeding
    exclusively breastfeeding. She takes a breast every 2 hrs in the day for 10 mins and every 4-5 hrs at night for 20 mins. We express for daddy every other day.

Sleeping
    she sleeps in her pram! Naughty but she HATED her basket and too small for cot. She will be moving to her cot in 2 weeks when she is 8 weeks.

Clothes
    shes in her 0-3 now image so proud of her!
    she wears sleepsuits at night, and outfits during the day.
    No jeans.

develpment
    smiles for parents image
    giggles in her sleep!! so amazing
    grabs toys that she can see
    manipulates a muslin if laid on her chest
    pushes with her feet in her baby bath
    swims a bit with her legs and arms if supported in adult bath
    cooes and 'talks' to us alllll day long

problems
    none really, jaundice for 3 days but fed that outta her :P
    no colic to speak of
  • Weight
    Born 6lb 6oz and was weighed at 7lb 4 at 4 weeks, but I've not had him weighed since. (6 weeks now but too snowy to get to clinic!)

Feeding
    Now on 4oz - 6/7 times a day feeding every 3/4 hrs. Using SMA and haven't felt the need to try anything else yet.

Sleeping
    Will not sleep during the day. Gets up in the morning and winges for 6 hours until finally will nap from exhaustion. Sleeps great at night - although he still has regular feeds he goes back down to sleep straight away after.

Clothes
    Wearing 'Newborn' at the moment. (Was in TinyBaby when born) 0-3 months are still too big.

Development
    Starting to learn how to get his hand to his mouth this week.
    Follows things with his eyes and starting to take an interset in his surroundings.
    His daddy is convinced he has smiled a couple times - but I've not seen one yet image

Problems
    Very windy baby - using infacol, but is very difficult to get his wind up and this often causes him pain after feeding. I am using gripe water too now.