Forum home Babies Baby

Signs of meningitis

Hi everyone

I hope this is ok to put in here but i'm trying to raise awareness of the signs of meningitis. I lost my 3 month old baby in October and i've written a blog of what happened to him to let people know what to watch out for. Please share it with as many people as you can, the more awareness we can raise the better. The blog is

http://charliecheekychops.blogspot.com/

Thank you

Replies

• awww im so sorry for your loss image how sad image i tried to read the blog but it wont let me open it just takes me back to the forum list xx
  • Thank you image

Do you know how i can fix the link? I tried to do it but i can't seem to figure it out :?

Eta: It's ok i've fixed it
  • I actually just put the web add into my search and found it ...actually my heart aches for you what an awful thing for any parent to go through and donating milk is such an amazing thing for you to do <3 you have a guardian angel now sweetie <3
  • I actually just put the web add into my search and found it ...actually my heart aches for you what an awful thing for any parent to go through and donating milk is such an amazing thing for you to do <3 you have a guardian angel now sweetie <3
  • Thank you so much for sharing this.

I am so terribly sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine what you are going through.

xxx
  • I copied and pasted it to my browser. Am reading it now. I am so sorry for your loss and can't begin to understand how you must feel.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us so that we can all be aware of the signs.

xxx
  • i just read this and was moved to tears. i am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for your work in raising awareness x
  • Just read the whole blog and im now very emotional ...what a brave brave family you are and charlie sounds like a very special little man who im sure is looking down on you all very proudly image xxx
  • Thank you so much everyone image
  • Just read your blog, it's heartbreaking, one of my work colleagues very nearly lost her little boy to meningitis 2 years ago, thankfully he survived, but lost both legs and the tips of all his fingers, he just recently relearnt to walk with his new legs.

Am so pleased you could share your story, especially as it highlights the need to be on the lookout for everything and not just a rash.

Good luck with the fund raising and the donations to the milk bank, that is such a special and important thing to do!

my thoughts are with your family
  • Wow, thank you for sharing your story. I don't think I've cried so much in years reading your blog. You are a very brave lady and Charlie is lucky to have such a caring Mum.

Love Tink x
  • I am so sorry for your loss. Charlie is beautiful and I hope his message saves many babies.

I hope it's ok, I have shared the link to your blog on my facebook page to spread the word.
  • Yes it's fine, thank you for doing so. I want as many people as possible to read it and know the signs.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, you are so brave xx
  • Thank you for sharing this, I think most people would look for a rash first then other symptoms, it helps us to be more vigilant. I couldn't imagine what you must have gone through, I'm so sad for your loss, you are an inspirational parent.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss - and thankyou for spreading the word. This is a topic very close to my heart I lost my best friend to Meningococcal Septicaemia at the age of 17 so when my daughter Aila was admitted to SCBU at 4 days old and the words Septicaemia and Meningitis were mentioned I was absolutely terrified. Thankfully Aila managed to fight this horrible illness and i too now try to bring as many peoples attention to the symptoms of these awful diseases.

You are a very brave and amazing woman xx