Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

I would appreciate your advice please ladies

Hello to you all.Im from TTC after MC, and have been there now since my mc at the start of July. I will be 41 in January so time is of the essence. My cycles since MC have decreased from 28 days to now 24 days and seem to be getting shorter. Doctors are not interested as im not at 12 months trying since MC. I fully appreciate that 7 cycles is not classed as Long term, but I am losing hope due to my age and decreasing cycles. Do any of you have any advice for me? I am going back to docs in Jan with OH to harrass them again, trying a different doc this time. If no joy then will look at going private. IVF etc is not an option for us. I am lucky that I have 2 older sons so I know already I am blessed. Hubby and I got wed last year and would love to have a baby together. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope all your dreams come true. Tracy xx

Replies

• hello, im a little confused. you say you will go private but IVF is not an option. what are your options then? and what do you want the docs to do?

love stacey xx
  • Im looking for them to check if there are any underlying reasons that im not conceiving. If there is something wrong that can be fixed. If not, then I have to try to move on with my life.
  • Hi there,

I would take a copy of the NICE guidelines and shove them in your ignorant GP's face! They clearly state that if you are over 35 and have been trying over 6 months you should be referred.

Have you tried acupuncture? I tried it and was also on clomid and got bfp first month of acupuncture.

Don't let them fob you off!xxx
  • Hi Tracey, sorry to hear about you mc. I too would really push your gp to get day 3 and 21 bloods done which test your hormones to indicate whether you have ovulated, and a SA for your OH. My LP is quite short (I'm just 42) and I'm thinking of taking agnus castus from cd1 to ov next month and I'm taking 50 mg vit B6 daily to try and increase my progesterone production. I had a donor embryo treatment in august which didn't work and I feel that my body is not functioning the same since the medication to shut it down prior to the embryo transfer.

I hope you get your dream fulfilled one way or another.

Helen.xxx
  • Thankyou both so much, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer. MrsMafiaprincess, I will definately do that, I do feel 12 months is too long. I have spoke to hubby and he wants to come with me to docs next time, I will look at these guidelines and be well prepared. I tried acupuntcure but didnt really feel it was helping me. It also was pretty expensive. I hope you are keeping well x

Hjenea, I was just looking at Agnus Cactus this morning. Im going to buy some tomorrow and give it a go. As for the B6, I see there is 10mg in my pregnacare vits, so will go get some more of that.

Thankyou both again, love Tracy xx
  • Hi Tracey, my superdrug have 50mg B6, and it was offer a week or so ago. Make sure you stop the agnus castus at ov.

Helen.xxx
  • Thanks Helen, I will go to Superdrug tomorrow and get some. Thanks again, Tracy x