Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Recipe help please! X

Hi!

I've got some chicken breast out for dinner but bored of the same casserole etc and don't want a chicken dinner with Xmas lunch coming up!

Anyone got any nice, simple recipes to inspire me?

Also want to make some easy festive biscuits with LO! Anyone got a nice recipe?

Becky

Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Last time I was bored with chicken, I grilled it and made pepper sauce to go with it. Not as nice as steak but yummy none the less!

Biscuits are my speciality, I love making them image what about Viennois sabl????s? they are easy to make, and you can half coat them in melted chocolate which is always fun with the kids!

200g unsalted butter at room temperature

75g icing sugar

pinch of salt

seeds of 1/2 vanilla pod or 1tsp pure vanilla extract

175g plain flour, sifted

50g corn flour, sifted

100g very good dark chocolate

Procedure

Beat the butter with your electric mixer until creamy. Add the sugar, followed by the salt, vanilla. Mix for 1min, then add the flour & corn flour, mixing on low speed just until the flour is fully incorporated (I mixed mine with a wooden spoon). Avoid kneading the dough after adding the flour.

Preheat the oven to 350deg F. Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a No.9 fluted nozzle. Pipe the dough out on your silpat/ greased baking sheet, leaving 2cm between each sabl????s.

Bake till they turn in a beautiful light golden brown colour & are firm to the touch. Leave to cool on a wire rack.

Put the chocolate in a bowl & place it over a saucepan of simmering water (the bowl must cover the entire rim of the pan)- using the au bain-marie method. Let the chocolate melt, stirring slowly. Add a knob of butter & a few tbs of fresh cream if the chocolate is too dry. Watch the heat & water & do not let your chocolate cook!!

When the chocolate has reached the right consistency, dip half of each biscuit in the chocolate & place on the wire rack to allow it to harden. Continue the process until all biscuits have been coated. Store biscuits in an air tight container & keep in a cool, dry place.
  • Options
    If you don't have a piping bag, don't worry, just spoon it out it works a treat! Or cut the corner of a freezing bag and use that as a piping bag! It's fun and not too messy!

Ps: if you don't have corn flour, just replace it by plain flour. That's what I did and it worked out just as yummy!
  • Options
    I used an Annabel Karmel recipe for Chicken and Apple balls and made them into fullsize burgers for me and hubby. They were very yummy!! image x
  • Options
    I cut a deep slit in it, fill it with a spoonful of red pestoand asliceof goats cheese and wrap securely in ham. Bake for 20 minutes.