Forum home Babies Baby

getting in the xmas spirit - fave xmas song!

whats yours?

Replies

• Has to be the pogues- fairytale of new York!

I don't feel festive or xmassy until I hear this! And first time I hear it each yeah I cry lol x
  • I'm a right old Grinch I'm afraid, I do love Christmas, but I HATE Christmas songs. More so when they play in the shops and I'm traipsing around without a clue what to get anyone, adds to my grump! Or when they start playing in September - wrong!

I won't ruin your thread with any more grumpiness. I am looking forward to Christmas I promiseimage

xxx
  • hehe, hubby love the bo selecta xmas song but my fave is the mariah all i want for xmas!
  • IT'S CHRISTMASSSSSS!!!!! :lol:

What's the song called? By Slade?!

Baby Brain here...

Oh and I like "Last Christmas" by Wham! Tis a loverly song!!

Oooh if the radio don't play enough Christmas tunes, then I whack the Now Xmas CD on!! haha! Its only Christmas once a year!! :lol::lol:
  • My all time favourite is Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens (how uncool am I?). There's always room for a bit of Stop the Cavalry by Jona Lewie and Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses in there too!
  • I like all i want for christmas too!!

fav carols are away in a manger and oh little town of bethlehem - reminds me of the litte ones and their cute nativity plays!

xxx
  • too many to choose from I love the Pogues too but also like Destinys Child 8 Days of Christmas they're both nice and upbeat
  • Wham - Last Christmas - George Micheal is mine!

Santa Baby - love it x
  • G/C but my fav is the bo selecta song,gets me right in the spirit :lol:
  • The Pogues. I always cry, too. I actually heard it for the first time all the way through this year, last night. We were putting the decos up and I danced round theliving room with my babies and cried like a loon. Then again, I'd already cried at the sight of DS's stocking joining DD's on the mantel, I am a proper old hormone bag at the moment!

I also like I Believe in Father Christmas by Greg Lake. I'm a classical guitarist though, soI'm probably biased!